• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA losing the plot here, really thought there was a chance to dismiss Aust for less than 200, now 230-240s a possibility. Can't believe Steyn, with all his skill, can't bowl yorkers

Edit: Consolation wicket there

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No really Australia have been a pretty arrogant team in the past few years. Ponting and the coaches have said some pretty infuriating stuff.

The lead up to the CH 07 said it would be a landslide to the Aussies and that if we were lucky we might win a single match. And despite coming so close so many times in the CB series prior to it we weren't 'worthy' to play Australia.

Then when they are down the media kicks the **** out of them until they start winning again and begin to act like their **** doesn't stink all over again. I like quite a few Aussie players but its the arrogance of CA that makes me want Australia as a team to fail.
To go on hating your countrymen and your country's team because they were arrogant is stupid to say the least.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tait and Hilfenhaus to just go down swinging or just try and use as many balls as possible?

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Cameron White should be batting at 4 imo, he is not a finisher and Mike Hussey is, so therefore if White is going to play, then he had to bat at no.4 not at 7, batting so low down the order, he obviously end up being of not much use, lot of people and unfourtanetly even the selectors see White as a batting all-rounder, but the truth he is he is just a top-order batsman now, and he is one of the better OD batsmen in the country.
White at 4 ?????

My side with all players avaliable would be, surely he could only dislodge watson.
1.Warner/Hughes
2.Marsh
3.Ponting
4.M Hussey
5.Clarke
6.Haddin
7. Watson
8.Johnson
9. Clark
10.Bracken
11.Tait

Redbacks

International Captain
From a New Zealand perspective, I reckon Eng & Aust are equally arrogant as winners. But I will say this, England are much more gracious in defeat, although in fairness thats probably because they are more familiar with losing.
:laugh:

Bit like Sir Alex, he's a bad loser, but he rarely loses!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Im probably going to get blasted for saying this but any sporting teams (not just the australian cricket team) should play with arrogance. Maybe not quite as much arogance but still, some of the best sports players ive meet are arrogant at some point. Although usually its on the field that just in general.
A bit of swagger is essentially to be competitive at the highest levels. I guess people would have liked to see a bit more respect and humility thrown in too.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
No mate, Poms overdo the celebrations when they win and overdo the criticism when they lose - doesnt matter whether it's the Ashes or tiddlywinks
You are obviously too young to remember the tikitape parade they had for Border when he won the ashes in 1989.

If we had won the ashes for the first time in 20 years, there would have been an annual public holiday.

pskov

International 12th Man
At least we never reached the depths of behaviour of the Poms after the Ashes in "05 :p
That wasn't arrogance, it was sheer surprise and general incompetence! Like a 17 year old down the pub who cops off with Scarlett Johansson and then can't believe his luck so fires off a hundered texts bragging to all his mates. Only then when he goes round to her place it gets a bit awkward and when they move into the bedroom he realises he doesn't actually have any idea what to do so makes his excuses and quietly leaves, only to be teased about the whole encounter by his friends for the rest of his life.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
That wasn't arrogance, it was sheer surprise and general incompetence! Like a 17 year old down the pub who cops off with Scarlett Johansson and then can't believe his luck so fires off a hundered texts bragging to all his mates. Only then when he goes round to her place it gets a bit awkward and when they move into the bedroom he realises he doesn't actually have any idea what to do so makes his excuses and quietly leaves, only to be teased about the whole encounter by his friends for the rest of his life.
You do your country a disservice. I think Fletcher & Vaughan knew they had the players to knock the Aussies off at home.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least we never reached the depths of behaviour of the Poms after the Ashes in "05 :p
Please enlighten me pray, what did they do other than party hard in celebration, unless I missed something of course?

I mean they had every right to celebrate that win didn't they, first ashes win in nearly 20 years