• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pskov

International 12th Man
Nope the arrogance of the side was very Un-Australian.

I suppose I am the embodiment of the tall poppy syndrome. And I am an Aussie by the way my Irish ancestor came out here on the third fleet.
I think most English people would disagree with you there mate. :laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, Hopesy showing us his range here. He currently has the edge to third man and the swing and miss outside off.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wow...they were so arrogant...8-)...damn them to hell...
No really Australia have been a pretty arrogant team in the past few years. Ponting and the coaches have said some pretty infuriating stuff.

The lead up to the CH 07 said it would be a landslide to the Aussies and that if we were lucky we might win a single match. And despite coming so close so many times in the CB series prior to it we weren't 'worthy' to play Australia.

Then when they are down the media kicks the **** out of them until they start winning again and begin to act like their **** doesn't stink all over again. I like quite a few Aussie players but its the arrogance of CA that makes me want Australia as a team to fail.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
I think most English people would disagree with you there mate. :laugh:
Australians aren't an arrogant people mate. I suppose we just react to English arrogance when we are in the UK.

And you'll note that I didn't say "Scottish" or "Welsh".. they are pretty good people.

Back to the cricket.. Shaun Tait needs to bowl his heart out. I'd love to see him blast through the saffie top order.

Exciting times hey.. competative cricket for a change.

Last edited:

social

Nope the arrogance of the side was very Un-Australian.

I suppose I am the embodiment of the tall poppy syndrome. And I am an Aussie by the way my Irish ancestor came out here on the third fleet.
Look at virtually anyone at the top of their profession (and not just "top" but world domination for over a decade) and they exude arrogance - people may not like it but it generally seems to be part of the package

At least we never reached the depths of behaviour of the Poms after the Ashes in "05 :p

duffer

No really Australia have been a pretty arrogant team in the past few years. Ponting and the coaches have said some pretty infuriating stuff.
Yeah not just the past few years either. Some of the garbage Nielsen came out with in India was plain ridiculous. Though I'm liking the team a lot more now that Hayden and Symonds are not in it anymore. I quite like the rest of team tbh.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Look at virtually anyone at the top of their profession (and not just "top" but world domination for over a decade) and they exude arrogance - people may not like it but it generally seems to be part of the package

At least we never reached the depths of behaviour of the Poms after the Ashes in "05 :p
Why do you think they carried on the way they did? Because we were so dismissive and disrespectful of our opposition (that were a VERY strong unit)..

That 2005 series was the best series I have ever seen. With the very best result.

social

Heh, Hopesy showing us his range here. He currently has the edge to third man and the swing and miss outside off.
At least he has stayed in

Anyway, flight finally called so I dont have to watch any more Yeh!

pup11

International Coach
Does Cameron White actually offer anything to the team? A bits and pieces player if there ever was one in the Australian team.
Cameron White should be batting at 4 imo, he is not a finisher and Mike Hussey is, so therefore if White is going to play, then he had to bat at no.4 not at 7, batting so low down the order, he obviously end up being of not much use, lot of people and unfourtanetly even the selectors see White as a batting all-rounder, but the truth he is he is just a top-order batsman now, and he is one of the better OD batsmen in the country.

social

Why do you think they carried on the way they did? Because we were so dismissive and disrespectful of our opposition (that were a VERY strong unit)..

That 2005 series was the best series I have ever seen. With the very best result.
No mate, Poms overdo the celebrations when they win and overdo the criticism when they lose - doesnt matter whether it's the Ashes or tiddlywinks

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron White should be batting at 4 imo, he is not a finisher and Mike Hussey is, so therefore if White is going to play, then he had to bat at no.4 not at 7, batting so low down the order, he obviously end up being of not much use, lot of people and unfourtanetly even the selectors see White as a batting all-rounder, but the truth he is he is just a top-order batsman now, and he is one of the better OD batsmen in the country.
White should play 20/20 cricket, that is it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

From a New Zealand perspective, I reckon Eng & Aust are equally arrogant as winners. But I will say this, England are much more gracious in defeat, although in fairness thats probably because they are more familiar with losing.

Easto241091

Cricket Spectator
Im probably going to get blasted for saying this but any sporting teams (not just the australian cricket team) should play with arrogance. Maybe not quite as much arogance but still, some of the best sports players ive meet are arrogant at some point. Although usually its on the field that just in general.