• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Owzat

U19 Captain
The only thing is, India will always be 1 wicket away from pushing the required rr out of the reach.
is also a danger without PP overs that leaving a huge onslaught for last 15-20 overs could end up with such regular wicket loss all any batsman can do, at best, is a cameo 20-30 and out which would take some coordination to make work ie they'd all have to come in, hit from the get go, get 20-30 and then next man in takes over

more likely scenario is one of the current pair, or next 2-3, gets himself set then picks off runs and builds momentum that scares the living s...... out of India, captain and bowlers alike, and they start sitting back a bit. Not letting the Indian bowlers pin them down has to be key, if you can't hit 2, 3 or 4 make sure you are at least getting 5-6 off the over and if that's your base to push on from any boundary makes it around 9-10 and 2+ makes it bumper

could even look at it as number of boundaries needed, let's say 200 in boundaries at 10 sixes and 35 fours (which in case you hadn't worked out is 45 balls out of remaining 160 off and more psychologically manageable even if doesn't end up being actually achieved

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good fifty from Mitchell.

He's still there though, we just need him to be the anchor while the other guys tee off around him.
I think chasing 398 is more of an ‘everyone tee off’ kind of situation. I know Kohli anchored the India innings but they made a much faster start.

Owzat

U19 Captain
I think chasing 398 is more of an ‘everyone tee off’ kind of situation. I know Kohli anchored the India innings but they made a much faster start.
think we've seen enough innings where batsmen don't seem to be doing a great deal, plodding along a bit, and then suddenly cut loose to suggest it is possible to accumulate for a bit, just can't for too long chasing anything well over 300 let alone all but 400