• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Hmm, yeah I don't know about that. Good win in the end, but we won a good toss and were Reay wayward with the ball up front and ridiculously sloppy in the field. Shouldn't be forgotten how nervous they looked in the middle overs there where they seemed to have a collective meltdown for around 10 overs with dreadful fielding, needless overthrows etc.

Biggest concern is still the lack of depth in both batting and bowling. Been fortunate that rohit and kohli have stepped up in basically every game.
Meh. Only way we could lose this tournament is if SA bat first against us into he final and Shami and Bumrah have an off day.

We are basically the uncrowned champions now. This team is on the same level as WI of the 79 and Aus of 07.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Thankfully no 50 is done with. We should have gotten to 430-440 with Jadeja etc still in the hut.

Gave me 2016 semi PTSD cause even there we didn't go as hard as we should have.

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah there's a lot to work with for NZ, atleast from a batting front. In 2027 we should see

1.Rachin/Young
2.Conway
3.Young/Rachin
4.Mitchell
6.Phillips
8,Santner
9.Henry/Jamieson
10.Shipley/Jamieson
11.Fergo/Milne/?

Need a keeper who can bat 5 unless conway/phillips take the gloves and an allrounder. Death bowling looks a bit short, but there's plenty of talented bowlers running around the NZ circuit RN.
Hopefully kane will play
Shipley Jamieson cannon fodder on pitch like this match
Fergo/Milne most likely wont be there after 4 years as they have short life being express fast bowlers

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
That was so much more tense than the final result, jeez. Felt like another big over or two from Phillips or Mitchell could've swung this game. Great match.
Yeah, though I felt India scored about 20 runs too many for New Zealand.

A target of 370-375 would have been quite close!

King Kane

International Debutant
Pretty proud of our effort in this World Cup.

For us to get to a semi final and make the likely World Cup winners sweat with Williamson and Henry injured for half of it, Boult and Southee on their last legs and carrying a spud like Latham was better than I expected.

Ravindra was the big positive, he announced himself on the world stage in this tournament, hopefully he can handle the pressure of being our big hope.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully kane will play
Shipley Jamieson cannon fodder on pitch like this match
Fergo/Milne most likely wont be there after 4 years as they have short life being express fast bowlers
Jamieson is a fantastic new ball bowler and has a very high ceiling. If new zealand groom him right and he develops properly he should be able to add a middle overs/death element to his game to make him more than southee. Shipley also took 3/34 vs PAK on a flat deck and bowled very well in india on a road in the game gill got his double 100 in.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We should have gotten to 430-440 with Jadeja etc still in the hut.

Gave me 2016 semi PTSD cause even there we didn't go as hard as we should have.
Hopefully all the Indian posters who got defensive can understand this is the thing...yes 398 is a score you defend 999 times out of 1000, but it should have been more, and Kohli pulling the handbrake up to score his 100 was one of the main reasons. They were one down, it was in no sort of interest of the team when you have Gill to return, Jadeja, SKY, Rahul to come with nine overs to go.

Anyway, the best team won convincingly but gee I'm proud of my team for putting up a fight. Mitchell is such a powerhouse.

And the silly thing is for all the pitch talk pre-game, India were always going to win that on any surface. If they did request grass off or have any say, it was completely unnecessary.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wild that Shami wasn't even in India's best XI to start the tournament. That's the only thing they've done wrong, picking a guy who can kinda but not really bat and has a career economy rate of 6.22 over an out and out gun bowler.