• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Mike5181

International Captain
Can't complain about scoring 330 odd chasing here. Bit unlucky that Henry got injured but the bowlers outside Santner have been poor all tournament, especially Boult who's been the biggest disappointment. Adam Milne (if he's fit?) probably would've been a better option in the squad over someone like Southee. Tom Blundell should've come in for Latham about mid-way through the group stage, but none of those things would've changed much tbh, India were just too good.

Mitchell's a gun, Ravindra's a star and found himself in this tournament. Williamson turned up in 3 out of the 4 games he played so he's a legend. Santner was really good, ER of 4.8 in the tournament says it all.

Honestly as a viewer I've found a lot of this tournament almost unwatchable though. Almost every game I've seen has seen supposedly world class bowlers just being smashed around the park, way too batting-friendly, something needs to be done about the balance of the game.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will be surprised if India don't go on to win the final, they look unbeatable.
Hmm, yeah I don't know about that. Good win in the end, but we won a good toss and were Reay wayward with the ball up front and ridiculously sloppy in the field. Shouldn't be forgotten how nervous they looked in the middle overs there where they seemed to have a collective meltdown for around 10 overs with dreadful fielding, needless overthrows etc.

Biggest concern is still the lack of depth in both batting and bowling. Been fortunate that rohit and kohli have stepped up in basically every game.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Shami has 23 wickets in 6 matches. Would have broken Starc's records for most wickets in a world cup if he played matches instead of that dead weight Shardul.