• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ACT had a Shield team. They were... not very good

EDIT: Wait no only a one-day team. Never mind.
It also relied on has-been state players bulking up the team. Guys like Rod Tucker & Mike Veletta. Merv Hughes even played for them as a 130kg seam bowler it was ****ing hilarious

Basically demonstrated another reason it's a dumb idea to give these small regions a team. It would just end up getting filled by players from the rest of the country that couldn't get a game at home

chris.hinton

International Captain
I'm not knocking the Aussie System whatsoever. How can i its almost flawless but you cant explain England to copy it and think it will be ok. Look at Pakistan they went to 6 sides and have had loads of problems. South Africa tried and went back to 2 divisions of 8

If we went to North, East Midlands, West Midlands, South West, South East & London, South as sides we would have a battle at club level of what's the best club league to feed into that

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not knocking the Aussie System whatsoever. How can i its almost flawless but you cant explain England to copy it and think it will be ok. Look at Pakistan they went to 6 sides and have had loads of problems. South Africa tried and went back to 2 divisions of 8

If we went to North, East Midlands, West Midlands, South West, South East & London, South as sides we would have a battle at club level of what's the best club league to feed into that
I never suggested they could. It's too late. Your country is finished lad

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I live on the Gold Coast and we have a bigger population than Tasmania

Our local club has 5 professional players and didn’t make the semis of the Brisbane competition

Oh yeah, let’s have more teams :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
I live on the Gold Coast and we have a bigger population than Tasmania

Our local club has 5 professional players and didn’t make the semis of the Brisbane competition

Oh yeah, let’s have more teams :laugh:
Gold Coast the sporting black hole of Australia though. Where potential sporting success goes to die

ripper868

International Coach
If pope can't throw, why is he on the field? Thought the injury rule changed around time on field to where you can bat in the order etc

RIcho

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just Stop Oil hypocritically flying a helicopter at low altitude over Lord's, commentators trying to ignore it to avoid giving them any further publicity.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You’re talking about footy

Neser, Kuhnemann, Bartlett, etc play in the same club team
Caleb Ziebell came up to the Dolphins from my home club. He was about 10 when I stopped playing down at Cudgen in 2008. Think he went alright last season.