• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

JBH001

International Regular
Haha, didnt hit it! BL! Looked out though in real time.

Picking a few Aussie posters to have apoplexy in 3 - 2 - 1...

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Looks like yet ANOTHER harsh wicket, no doubt Ricky will be on a huge moaning session.

Anyway looks like we English have this in the bag now, lady luck seems to be totally on our side in the ashes so far, in terms of weather and umpire calls.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At which point runs scored by Australians in this second innings would become relevant.
So to say whatever Australian batsmen do in this second innings is irrelevant is wrong.So you have disproved your own statement.
Clarke and Haddin are not going to score 250s. Australia are not going to win this game. Ergo, all second-innings runs here are better than not scoring only because scoring is always better than not scoring.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
To be fair on the Hussey one though, i'll bet that absolutely everyone thought it was out live and that's the only view the umpires get.

But still, that's 3 wickets that weren't wickets...

Last edited:

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
The best thing to come out of this test for the aussies will be hopefully an unchanged Enlgand lineup, surely Australia can not be this unlucky at edgbaston and I don;t think swann or broad have really caused the aussies much trouble all series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not funny. Next.

Hussey - honestly know how it feels when a Pom gets out to Hauritz. Though tbf all the evidence in this series has shown Hauritz > Ugly Duckling.
Honestly think it's posts like this that make me catch myself doing the unthinkable and supporting England for little periods before I snap out of it, TBH.

Swann's significantly better than Hauritz and one and a half games isn't going to change that. The quality of the knee-jerking has been awesome in this series; I can't wait to see the sort of posts we see in the fifth Test...

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like yet ANOTHER harsh wicket, no doubt Ricky will be on a huge moaning session.

Anyway looks like we English have this in the bag now, lady luck seems to be totally on our side in the ashes so far, in terms of weather and umpire calls.
Don't forget coin tosses. ****s.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My only slight criticism of Uppercut's posting on here is that he does seem to change his mind a little readily based on what is really fairly limited evidence. Broad is one such example. You don't bowl rubbish for a year and a half and then suddenly deserve to be called a good bowler because you bowl okay in one series and average 31 in it instead of your usual 45. If someone performs better than they have previously for a few games, that's no real guarantee that they've actually improved - even poor players can play well sometimes unless they are ridiculously bad.

There's no doubt that Broad bowled well in the West Indies.. but there's also no doubt that he's gone back to the way he was bowling beforehand in this series (bar this spell). If you bowl a certain way for your whole career, then bowl better for three games before going back to how you were bowling beforehand, the chances are you'd not improved at all and that you'd simply gone through a mini-purple-patch. Realistically, a bowler who averages about 45 most of the time and 31 when he's at the top of his game is not a good bowler. Broad's obviously not completely useless, but he's clearly not very good at this point either, and short sample sizes hinting otherwise are hardly definite opposition to that.
Six games itbt. Was excellent at home to the West Indies too. I also- unlike some- take into account performances during ODIs and T20s. There's been a very noticeably change in attitude to Broad's bowling- his pace is up, he looks much more confident, he's seaming the ball and his tricks are coming off. It's pretty relevant to me that he barely bowled a remotely half-decent spell in test cricket before the third day at Sabina Park and has barely bowled a bad spell since.

As far as your general point goes, I will readily admit that my opinion on players- more specifically bowlers- will be formed largely on the short-term. It's not something I expect people to agree with me on, because I think people in general give too much heed to events of several years ago. Struggling to let go of Harmison playing well for England three to five years ago is just an example of this.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it is sent to the repairguy after over-use by one Hauritz.
Not funny. Next.

Hussey - honestly know how it feels when a Pom gets out to Hauritz. Though tbf all the evidence in this series has shown Hauritz > Ugly Duckling.
Edit: and he didn't ****ing hit it.

Wtf is going on here? That's 3 saw-offs out of 4, and the other one was a gift wicket to the ******** kid.

Who posted earlier about Gilly et al knowing Dravid was out in Sydney? Gagf all of you. ****ing dire.

Commentators all over it - "oh. That looked like bad luck". No, its ****ing incompetence.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly think it's posts like this that make me catch myself doing the unthinkable and supporting England for little periods before I snap out of it, TBH.

Swann's significantly better than Hauritz and one and a half games isn't going to change that. The quality of the knee-jerking has been awesome in this series; I can't wait to see the sort of posts we see in the fifth Test...
The series will be over. Only the diehards will be around.