• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Never said it did. The point I was making was how exactly could Doctrove have been certain enough it did carry to give him out?
Well we agree about it then. I thought you were hoping to suggest that it had been grounded. Those sorts of photos can give a false illusion of that, and that illusion is only heightened by the photo being stretched laterally.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Okay time for Aussies to post 4 centuries in an innings for a 2nd time ever...Clarke, North, Haddin and Johnson...oh hang only 3 centuries are required as only 400 more runs needed :)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I challenge anyone who saw that live to honestly say they didn't think Hussey had hit it.

Wrong decision, but pretty harsh to actually rip into the umpire about it, IMO. Looked and sounded like a regulation first slip catch.
Yes, this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Commentators all over it - "oh. That looked like bad luck". No, its ****ing incompetence.
It really isn't. You get 50 people who know their cricket to watch that live, in real time, having never seen it before, and I guarantee you each and every one of them will think it was an edge without a backward glance.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well we agree about it then. I thought you were hoping to suggest that it had been grounded. Those sorts of photos can give a false illusion of that, and that illusion is only heightened by the photo being stretched laterally.
Nah, we good.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
I challenge anyone who saw that live to honestly say they didn't think Hussey had hit it.

Wrong decision, but pretty harsh to actually rip into the umpire about it, IMO. Looked and sounded like a regulation first slip catch.
Sitting here with a pom and he said "huss is gone but I don't think he actually hit it" so there you go.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
FFS....Need some rain here, but judging the things are going for the Aussies, that might only happen once the last Australian wicket falls.
All the showers are to the north and any shower that would hit London pretty much dies just before reaching London. Its just a tiny bit too far SE and away from the worst of the showers. Won't be much in the way of stoppages today it seems, if any.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member

Hand on heart, I thought he missed it live, and on the first replay.

Definitely not an absolutely terrible decision or anything, but I did cringe when it was given out.

Bit late for it to have a major impact on the outcome though, any remote hope of Australia saving or winning the game went with Ponting for mine.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
now that ypu have been on both side....... which is the best side to be in Sydney??? :)
Missing the point tbh. These things happen to everyone, but no one is calling Rnglandor Rudi a cheat, CA isn't goin to have Rudi sacked, and there won't be effigy burning either. The reaction in Sydney was much worse than what transpired on field. If the Aus cricket community acts
here like the Indians did after Sydney, I'm ceasing to
follow the game.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
8-)

Come off it. Are you trying to kid yourself that Haddin, Clarke and whoever else was fielding around the bat wouldn't have gone up for it? England can be accused of over-appealing at times (in just the same way that Australia can) but there was nothing wrong with that shout.
I'd rather not comment on my opinion on some of the appealing by the english in this series. Boy who cried wolf, really can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never said it did. The point I was making was how exactly could Doctrove have been certain enough it did carry to give him out?
I don't know, but I do know that he was a hell of a lot closer to Strauss' hands than that camera was.