• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rebranding from the mildly clever 'Tri-Nations' to the generic 'Rugby Championship is a symptom of where Southern Hemisphere Rugby is losing its way.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw now that 38 points is the most ever conceded by the All blacks in NZ. Not a great confidence builder just before heading off to South Africa.
It's been 30 years since we lost a match at Eden park yet we have lost 5 consecutive matches in Wellington!!!???
FGS burn the ****ing Cake Tin down and bring Athletic park back into play. Or better yet stop playing test matches in Wellington.

Molehill

International Captain
Just saw now that 38 points is the most ever conceded by the All blacks in NZ. Not a great confidence builder just before heading off to South Africa.
It's been 30 years since we lost a match at Eden park yet we have lost 5 consecutive matches in Wellington!!!???
FGS burn the ****ing Cake Tin down and bring Athletic park back into play. Or better yet stop playing test matches in Wellington.
A shame England weren't given a game there.

ripper868

International Coach
Having glanced at the article, the writer is a hack.

Gardner had a fantastic game as referee, the Pumas aren't exactly a 'middling' team these days, they compete as a legit Tier 1 nation. The game didn't have a scrum for 60 minutes which is a testament to the handling from both teams, was entertaining from start to finish with great tries from both teams.

Yes the AB's had some errors, particularly at the lineout. But that article is just rage bait.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's a cyclical thing, isn't it? The current crop might not be quite as talented as some of their august forebears (whilst acknowledging they were plenty good enough for England and that this is more of a comment on the majesty of previous AB teams), but I'm sure I've seen umpteen death notices for NZ rugby only for the patient to make like Lazarus the very next test.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the AB's will come out and rip the Pumas apart this weekend, mostly out of anger and vengeance, but the damage has already been done
and only the loss will be remembered.

Heboric

International Debutant
Paris might have had Tom Cruise, but Australia have Nic White back. Who will win that elusive Oscar first...

They say before every match Nic watches the Michaels vs Hogan match from Summerslam 2005 for tips :ph34r: :laugh:

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
They also say South Africans are humble good sports who don't blame the referee for every loss, but sometimes they is wrong... :ph34r: :laugh:

ripper868

International Coach
BAU this week it seems, weather looks horrid, but ABs seem to have better execution than last week (save 1 lineout 5m out).

Argentina need a couple of bounces and a long range try tk get back in this one.

Slightly hharsh all on the argie 9 for taking too long as he was .01 of a second from playing, but if ref applies it consistently tly I'm all for it.

ripper868

International Coach
Not so sure that was actually out tbh, still under the hands of the tackled player playing it back, but, if reffed consistently, I'm OK with it.

Thought DMac wore a late shot in the lead up to the try I'd like to see again.