• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Heboric

International Debutant
Most test match tries for the All blacks:

1. Doug Howlett 49
2. Christian Cullen 46
3. Joe Rokococo 46
4. Julian Savea 46
5. Jeff Wilson 44
6. Beauden Barrett 44
7. Ben Smith 39
8. Jonah Lomu 37
9. Tana Umaga 36
10. Rieko Ioane 36

Could Beauden Barrett, a fly half possibly get to the top of this list? I'm sure even @James would be proud of that if he could pull it off.
About 5-6 years ago I was saying to mates how Rieko Ioane would get there one day. But he seemed to lose much of his pace at a young age
hence the switch to centre years ago. While still only 27 he's still a chance but I doubt he'll get close now.
Gonna stick it out there and say that Will Jordan down in 13th position with 33 is eventually going to the top in a canter barring further serious injuries.
I am surprised the great man is only 8th, NZ didnt play England enough :ph34r:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seems strange, wouldn't they have had conversations about this before deciding to work together?

All Blacks head coach Scott Robertson says he and Leon MacDonald disagreed a little on the philosophy of rugby.

"How it was played ... it just didn't quite click, different aspects," Robertson said.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought McDonald was assistant coach to Robertson with the Crusaders a few years ago (2017ish?) and they worked well together and won the title.

Heboric

International Debutant
Felix Jones reportedly quits from the Dodgers coaching staff

After watching Chasing the Sun doccie, I have huge respect for the guy.

ripper868

International Coach
4pm kick off in the UK as well, should be a great game - though seeing lots of Bok fnas already claiming its a 'C' team for the boks so if NZ win it doesn't actually mean anything....I'm sure they'll say the same if they win of course.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4pm kick off in the UK as well, should be a great game - though seeing lots of Bok fnas already claiming its a 'C' team for the boks so if NZ win it doesn't actually mean anything....I'm sure they'll say the same if they win of course.
Its not even close to a c team... It's a full a team. With a few injuries. Welcome to rugby. SA is just lucky we have built so much depth.

Heboric

International Debutant
Come on now all countries do it, I have read many an England media / news article where one guy is injured and all of a sudden its a "c" team. The other chestnut is the new re-definition of the term "young". Certain nations really stretch that definition, reminds me of certain art-house films I use to watch in my youth :whistling

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Come on now all countries do it, I have read many an England media / news article where one guy is injured and all of a sudden its a "c" team. The other chestnut is the new re-definition of the term "young". Certain nations really stretch that definition, reminds me of certain art-house films I use to watch in my youth :whistling
"Perusing contemporary modern erotica with sapphic undercurrents" definitely sounds better than "watching a lesbo skin flick", yes.

ripper868

International Coach
Meantime, in the Div 2 Rugby Championship, Wallabies have named Hamish Stewart for his debut at #12 v the Pumas.

I vaguely remember him being touted as a wonderkid in his early days at the Reds, but i honestly thought his career had faltered and he'd gone to 3rd div France or something. Turns out he went to the force. Good luck to him, I worry about him with Matera, Cremer and Gonzalez have enjoyed running that channel of late.

Pleased for Wilson to get the captaincy nod, Gunnedah kid done good.

Pumas by 23

ripper868

International Coach
Great game this has been, as the All Blacks punish a mistake - thought may have been a hint of double knock on at the start of that movement but would say that's evens for the first try.

ripper868

International Coach
All Blacks just punishing mistakes here, 2 tries from knock on turnovers, one from an intercept, they've been excellent.

South Africa a long way from out of it with 25 to play, but an empty bench early may hurt them in the final 10.

ripper868

International Coach
Boks just keep losing control at the critical moment, Williams has been trying to be too busy I think, and he's not giving as much control as Reinach was. Feel like Boks need the try to come in the enxt 5-10 minutes, otherwise the AB's will just suffocate the game.

Same for Marx, his lineout throws have been average.