• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dissector

International Debutant
I wonder if Munaf will be dropped for the next game. He is clearly the weak link but there is no real alternative either.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not really criticizing him, you expect batsmen to grit runs out even when they aren't in touch and he did that. Tendulkar has done that plenty, as have all great batsmen. The rest of the middle-order batsmen should have done better, mainly Clarke, Mussey and White. Just saying it was one of his less memorable hundreds.

BTW, it was a great call by Australia to pick David Hussey over Smith.
Would have been better if he had replaced White. Dussey got some turn and his bowling figures were excellent and even Sachin got huge turn when he bowled. Smith could have finally been useful and he was dropped. Unlucky.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha are you serious? The dude's hardly even 20, if you are deciding to compartmentalise him as a test player, well lolz then. Continue baiting someone else.
He just turned 25! FAR OUT, stop talking about that which you know nothing about.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

dude it is arguably the best bowling line-up in the tournament vs arguably the best batting line-up............what a mouth watering prospect
Based on performances so far, don't think either is even arguable.

But remember Pakistan have played their matches so far on slower and more turning sticky surfaces so far in Srilanka and Bangladesh.
Mohali will be different.

On the other hand, the pressure will be on the Indian team though and Pakistan will have nothing to lose.

India to win with Sehwag again smashing his favorite nemesis would be my prediction.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'm sure the Aussies will allow us English this moment (as the likelihood is it will last only a couple of days!). The irony of a tournament where England have been embarrassed by Ireland and Bangladesh and consequently mocked by several Aussie posters on here (understandably so tbf), that it is they who are ejected from the tournament while we remain in it! Ok, it may only be down to the quarter-final scheduling, still, we'll take it.
haha.........talk about rubbing it in

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wonder if Munaf will be dropped for the next game. He is clearly the weak link but there is no real alternative either.
Should just play Pathan instead of him and let Sachin and Kohli bowl 5-7 overs(both of em combined) of medium pace. That can't be worse than Munaf 'bowling'. And Yusuf can become a full fledged no.8 slogger and people would't mind if he gets out cheaply and there won't be pressure on him.:laugh:

BeeGee

International Captain
This one was one the cards though. Obviously farewell to Ponting, Lee and M Hussey from the oneday setup, and kudos to all 3 of them. But their one-day side will probably be OKish.
Those three guys represent most of the talent in this Australian squad.
Definitely time for a bit of a clean out and re-build. New coach, certainly.

smash84

The Tiger King
Based on performances so far, don't think either is even arguable.

But remember Pakistan have played their matches so far on slower and more turning sticky surfaces so far in Srilanka and Bangladesh.
Mohali will be different.

On the other hand, the pressure will be on the Indian team though and Pakistan will have nothing to lose.

India to win with Sehwag again smashing his favorite nemesis would be my prediction.
hmmm........but I think the best part about Pakistan's attack is that it is very versatile......you have a good leg spinner, off spinner, part timer (hafeez), right arm fast bowlers Gul and Akhtar who can crank it up to 90 mph, left arm fast bowler Wahab Riaz who can crank it to 90+, left arm orthodox in Abdur Rehman, and a medium pacer in Abdur Razzaq......so plenty of options to choose from I suppose....no matter what the pitch the bowling has lots of options, if not that much quality

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Don't think so.Both Nehra and Sreesanth have the tendency to go for runs,and with the number of stroke players in Pakistan's side that's a risk i don't see India taking.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmmm........but I think the best part about Pakistan's attack is that it is very versatile......you have a good leg spinner, off spinner, part timer (hafeez), right arm fast bowlers Gul and Akhtar who can crank it up to 90 mph, left arm fast bowler Wahab Riaz who can crank it to 90+, left arm orthodox in Abdur Rehman, and a medium pacer in Abdur Razzaq......so plenty of options to choose from I suppose....no matter what the pitch the bowling has lots of options, if not that much quality
You aren't going to play all of them TBF (unless you've decided not to play batsmen at all :ph34r:). Akhtar will probably come in for Wahab. And Ajmal will probably retain his spot over Rehman after taking wickets in the last game.

Gul and Razzaq will really test Tendulkar because they have troubled him in the past with the incoming delivery. Gul is bowling brilliantly at the moment.

BeeGee

International Captain
Sorry, but Yuvi is the ultimate soft ****

How many times did he play and miss?

It was embarassing in the end
57 not out. The Australian batting lineup could have done with some of that type of soft **** embarrassment.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Good ininng from Ponting. Delivering such an important inning, under pressure, under ****ty form. Hats off.
Nice innings from Tendulkar and Yuvi as well.

Loved Lee's attitude.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Great Great victory . People are out in the street with crackers. Great occasion for Indian cricket. Felt sad for Ponting in the presentation ceremony. Looked a bit emotional. A truly great player. Will be missed if he decides to retire. :no:

smash84

The Tiger King
You aren't going to play all of them TBF (unless you've decided not to play batsmen at all :ph34r:). Akhtar will probably come in for Wahab. And Ajmal will probably retain his spot over Rehman after taking wickets in the last game.

Gul and Razzaq will really test Tendulkar because they have troubled him in the past with the incoming delivery. Gul is bowling brilliantly at the moment.
Of course not all will be played but lots of options that can be played around with to get the right combination for the pitch........worried about our batting tbh......it is worse than piss poor

Think I have joined the dark side. I am a Ponting fan after today. Someone please shoot me.
:laugh:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Superb win, pre tournament favourites versus the holders. Would have been a great final.

India will go all the way now. India, Aus, and SL are the strongest teams. Don't see Pak doing much in Semi Final despite good bowling attack.