• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun

Banned
I think start given by Tendulkar was very crucial too. Never let the RRR climb on early overs.
Yes indeed. Especially after Sehwag chickened out yet again in a crucial match.

Australia must be getting sick of Yuvraj Singh and knockouts, 2000 ICC Champions Trophy, 2007 T20 WC, and now this.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
weldone to india.
RT Ponting: Legend. Thanks
To the victors: Your World Cup ends in Mohali on Wednesday. Be under no illusions.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes indeed. Especially after Sehwag chickened out yet again in a crucial match.

Australia must be getting sick of Yuvraj Singh and knockouts, 2000 ICC Champions Trophy, 2007 T20 WC, and now this.
Sorry, but Yuvi is the ultimate soft ****

How many times did he play and miss?

It was embarassing in the end

Bun

Banned
Australia needs to get the following out of their team asap:

1. Ponting - He is a champ. And he showed it today. But sadly, he doesn't have a future, as a captain or a batsman. Australia needs an overhaul and he is an impediment to change as seen in the last few years.

2. Mussey - Another erstwhile champ but a struggling ageing guy who is blocking entry of other youngsters.

3. Cameron White - Well WTF? I am not the biggest fan of Smith, but White has been absolutely hopeless in this tournament. Needs to go.

4. Shaun Tait - He was expensive right from the beginning. Even in the 07 WC, but then had the likes of McGrath to fall back upon and hence hide this high maintenance bowler. He has already decided not to play tests, which questions his motive and dedication to team Australia. He is content to be a T20 hired assassin, and it is best he is left doing that, and instead focus energies on developing a young fast bowler like Copeland.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwin reminds me of Kumble with his attitude. Not particularly great athletes but they both give it their all in the field. The couple of saves he made near the boundary told me that we were going to win long before anything else, we didn't look like cows in a traffic jam in the field today.

Yuvraj is well and truly back in form. Hope he doesn't get anywhere near the test team though.:p

Wanted Pathan to be in the side but I now see Raina's utility to the side. Pathan wouldn't have been able to play an innings like that today.

Finally, Pakistan! Bring it on ****s!:D

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would like to give a shout-out to our much-maligned fielders. Think we fielded better than Australia and saved at least 15-20 runs there.

Waterboy! :wub: Why did I ever doubt you? Raina is also brilliant in these situations, he's finished matches for India 4 or 5 times now. Yusuf will just have to sit it out.

We seriously need to sort out our running between the wickets, the communication (or the lack of it) between Yuvraj, Kohli, Gambhir is appalling. Dhoni needs a few runs. That is all.

What a day! :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah our fielding was spectacular. I was going "wtf?" all match when we were saving boundaries and preventing singles in the inner circle.

Do it more often boys!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I may be unpopular for saying this but today wasn't Ricky Ponting's most fluent innings. His SR didn't really catch up to the extent you'd expect when a batsman makes a ton, and he had a few lucky LBW escapes as well. Still Australia's bedrock today, and a true champion's response under pressure. Needed some more proactive batting around him by his teammates, and only David Hussey could provide that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Pakistan are piss weak against left arm spin. Hope Left Arm Filth/Piechucker does what he has been doing for us so far.