• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun

Banned
I may be unpopular for saying this but today wasn't Ricky Ponting's most fluent innings. His SR didn't really catch up to the extent you'd expect when a batsman makes a ton, and he had a few lucky LBW escapes as well. Still Australia's bedrock today, and a true champion's response under pressure. Needed some more proactive batting around him by his teammates, and only David Hussey could provide that.
Agree. He didn't push on the pedal, and his SR remained more or less same, it is embarassing to end upon 260 with just 6 wickets lost in an ODI match, no matter what the pitch is.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India vs. Pakistan should be mouth-watering. I'll be missing most of the match ****ing travelling on that day! :( Devastated.

Not looking forward to Gul and Razzaq against Tendulkar, but Sehwag and Dhoni have good records against Pakistan and hopefully they will come to the party.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan are piss weak against left arm spin. Hope Left Arm Filth/Piechucker does what he has been doing for us so far.
dude there is still the rest of the indian bowling line-up. Nothing sensational there. I think that had it been Pakistan's bowling today instead of Australia, India would have found it much tougher............Yuvraj is the key..........doing great with the bat and the ball.......so where are the Yuvi naysayers now?????????

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I may be unpopular for saying this but today wasn't Ricky Ponting's most fluent innings. His SR didn't really catch up to the extent you'd expect when a batsman makes a ton, and he had a few lucky LBW escapes as well. Still Australia's bedrock today, and a true champion's response under pressure. Needed some more proactive batting around him by his teammates, and only David Hussey could provide that.
Reckon it had to do with the wickets falling around him a bit. Decided to guide Australia to a good total and then hit out. Even as it stands, he has the highest SR of the match outside of the two pinch-hitters at the end in Hussey and Raina.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also Watson's shot off Ashwin in the last ball of the mandatory powerplay was so stupid, and it was so obviously coming. Was like 1 run off the over or something and you know he was going to play his only real shot he has off the spinners, slog sweep. But there was just no need for it.

Not saying that cost Australia the game, as Haddin's wicket was more important, but sometimes cricket is a simple game. And you knew Watson was getting edgy with only 1 off the over and Australia 39 or 40 after 9.5 overs. But there was no reason to get edgy yet.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Aye, continue remaining oblivious to the decline and decline of Aussie cricket in the last three years :)
Have you read any of my posts? Do you know anything about Copeland in Limited Overs Cricket? No? Go slap yourself. Worst post I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to give a shout-out to our much-maligned fielders. Think we fielded better than Australia and saved at least 15-20 runs there.

Waterboy! :wub: Why did I ever doubt you? Raina is also brilliant in these situations, he's finished matches for India 4 or 5 times now. Yusuf will just have to sit it out.

We seriously need to sort out our running between the wickets, the communication (or the lack of it) between Yuvraj, Kohli, Gambhir is appalling. Dhoni needs a few runs. That is all.

What a day! :D
Yeah Dhoni needs runs. I think one position too low from where it would be ideal. But then can't denote anyone above him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to give a shout-out to our much-maligned fielders. Think we fielded better than Australia and saved at least 15-20 runs there.

Waterboy! :wub: Why did I ever doubt you? Raina is also brilliant in these situations, he's finished matches for India 4 or 5 times now. Yusuf will just have to sit it out.

We seriously need to sort out our running between the wickets, the communication (or the lack of it) between Yuvraj, Kohli, Gambhir is appalling. Dhoni needs a few runs. That is all.

What a day! :D
Actually against Pakistan with them having a mainly spin attack and with Mohali being a truer surface i would probably play Pathan instead of Kohli.
Doubt it will happen though.

Too drop Raina in the first place based on SA in the SC was a bad move from the start.

smash84

The Tiger King
Also Watson's shot off Ashwin in the last ball of the mandatory powerplay was so stupid, and it was so obviously coming. Was like 1 run off the over or something and you know he was going to play his only real shot he has off the spinners, slog sweep. But there was just no need for it.

Not saying that cost Australia the game, as Haddin's wicket was more important, but sometimes cricket is a simple game. And you knew Watson was getting edgy with only 1 off the over and Australia 39 or 40 after 9.5 overs. But there was no reason to get edgy yet.
watto getting out was not the key.........I think that throughout the tournament the Aus batting could not accelerate towards the end. Also their bowling has been quite toothless bar Lee who was playing his final WC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really criticizing him, you expect batsmen to grit runs out even when they aren't in touch and he did that. Tendulkar has done that plenty, as have all great batsmen. The rest of the middle-order batsmen should have done better, mainly Clarke, Mussey and White. Just saying it was one of his less memorable hundreds.

BTW, it was a great call by Australia to pick David Hussey over Smith.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
meaning? i think his record in crunch matches has been decent. Much better than Sehwag I think
Sehwag was highly unlikely to score runs in this game - bounce & pace = Sehwag failure 7/10 times

He is, however, a much better player than Yuvi as was shown tonight

Bun

Banned
Have you read any of my posts? Do you know anything about Copeland in Limited Overs Cricket? No? Go slap yourself. Worst post I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
Haha are you serious? The dude's hardly even 20, if you are deciding to compartmentalise him as a test player, well lolz then.

Woodster

International Captain
I'm sure the Aussies will allow us English this moment (as the likelihood is it will last only a couple of days!). The irony of a tournament where England have been embarrassed by Ireland and Bangladesh and consequently mocked by several Aussie posters on here (understandably so tbf), that it is they who are ejected from the tournament while we remain in it! Ok, it may only be down to the quarter-final scheduling, still, we'll take it.

An amazing run of three consecutive World Cup tournament victories brought to a crashing end today, while we dust ourselves down from two very poor defeats, and still look forward to our next World Cup match. Hmmmmh.

Glouting countdown - Approx 1 day and 23 hours remaining.