• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am probs gonna go to the Smackdown/ECW tour over here this winter. Raw is coming to Liverpool (house show not the actual broadcast) but my mate would rather drive to see the good stuff
If you do then try and drive to one of the live ones in London and there's a fair chance that I might be there, the show Rubble I went to see at the O2 (though only a house show) was pretty good, and the TV taping was done there the next night.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
will do if he is willing to drive down there, and if we can get tickets

This all depends on me having the money to do it anyway

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think tickets were about £45 iirc, though obviously that could be different to what they charge next time round. Weirdly enough prices for house show tickets we no different to a TV taping, guess that was because it was an overseas tour show mind you. Saw a couple of really cool spots that night, most vivid one for me was Brian Kendrick hitting a one legged drop kick on Carlito stuck in my mind for some reason, was excellently executed. Haha, also saw Funaki in his "Kung Fu Naki" gimmick, don't think I've seen him on TV again since. Remember HHH burying Kozlov with a chair as well, another who has seemingly vanished from TV, not that I'm too sad about that.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Problem is that after spending months and months putting him in squash matches and finally building him up as a credible threat (I can't tell you how much I despise squashes), they move him to ECW and put him into even more squashes. It was ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, although for me part of the problem was when the squashes ended and he lost his unbeaten streak. That was the only thing he had going for him I reckon, so he lost that and suddenly he's just some big Russian who is ****

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Problem is that after spending months and months putting him in squash matches and finally building him up as a credible threat (I can't tell you how much I despise squashes), they move him to ECW and put him into even more squashes. It was ridiculous.
Yeah, I guess that's Vince's erratic opinion changes for you.

Personally I thought they should have left the unbeaten streak go onto Wrestlemania and then have it broken by John Cena, I know it would have been a dire match to watch, but I would have rathered that than the triple threat with Big Show and Edge. If it had been built up well and given enough hype I think it could have made an enjoyable enough feud/match, and at least it would have been something fresh. Perhaps he will now take up the Mark Henry role on ECW and squash all the midcarders before losing to the top of the card guys.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, hopefully Shelton Benjamin will come out of this with a push as well, he was doing nicely on Smackdown till they decided to stall his push for whatever reason, such a great performer, wAG.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was the right time for him to move on, his eyes must be killing he's been looking at the lights so much lately

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh! He's lost every single match on TV since Mania as far as I can remember
Ah I see, completely missed what you were getting at, but yeah, has been on a bit of a downward spiral, has remained on TV though, not seen Brian Kendrick for a little while either come to think of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He had an angle with potential on Raw for a little while where he was supposed to have a different partner each week as he went after the tag belts, but it never really got anywhere?

You never heard the 'looking at the lights' term before?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He had an angle with potential on Raw for a little while where he was supposed to have a different partner each week as he went after the tag belts, but it never really got anywhere?

You never heard the 'looking at the lights' term before?
Haha I think I have heard the term, but just forgot about it as its not commonly used with people I talk with I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.