• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agreed, though his comeback around WM XX was good, there was a certain mystique about Foley's retirement after NWO 2000, you really got the feeling that he was gone forever, and that put over HHH massively, and kind of immortalised Foley. The fact that he has made repeated comebacks (sometimes for pointless matches which he needn't have - see the Cena vs Lashley vs Orton vs Booker vs Foley match from a few years ago - wtf was that all about?) and is now wrestling for a different and totally inferior promotion (no offence to TNA meant there) just shows how much he has fallen, or at least gives that sort of impression. Loved him as the Commissioner of the WWE though, some really memorable skits from that time.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Just hearing some things from a mate who's watching RAW atm and he says "Batista is Guest GM, there's a tournament for who faces Orton at NOC with the likes of John Cena v Miz and Triple H v MVP - Triple H apparently has heavy strapping on his left knee/thigh so I smell MVP might be getting a push. Also a 15 man trade has been announced which was made with Trump behind Vince's back so I don't know what is happening there but the possibility of Christian coming to RAW?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just hearing some things from a mate who's watching RAW atm and he says "Batista is Guest GM, there's a tournament for who faces Orton at NOC with the likes of John Cena v Miz and Triple H v MVP - Triple H apparently has heavy strapping on his left knee/thigh so I smell MVP might be getting a push. Also a 15 man trade has been announced which was made with Trump behind Vince's back so I don't know what is happening there but the possibility of Christian coming to RAW?
Well, first off all, yes Batista was guest GM, which in itself isn't too bad, apparently Ted DiBiase snr is lined up for next week as well, which is also fine, but I hate this concept, as its only a matter of time before we get celebrities involved etc... and thats jst dire.

Secondly, in these "trades", ECW got absolutely raped. Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry moving to RAW means haECW has lost several of its big stars, and pretty much all of their credible heels. This means two things for Christian, one that he will certainly be turning heel in the near future, and secondly means that he is stuck on ECW for the forseable future.

RAW again was a bit crap I thought, the Tag Team match was excellent, and Cena vs Miz again was much better than their match at the PPV, Miz getting in loads of offence and Cena making him look very good. Apart from that the rest of the show was meh/dire. Cena vs HHH on next weeks show might be interesting mind.

But oh boy, my main gripe was the ME, so much wrong here, Randy Orton being buried by Mark Henry is one of the stupidest thing I have ever seen, how the hell do they want to keep Orton over by having him buried by an ECW midcarder who had absolutely no momentum going into this match is anyones guess. On a plus side, Jack Swagger appears to have joined legacy and Mark Henry is now a face which could be amusing. But dire dire dire, Orton buried again, very stupid.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well, first off all, yes Batista was guest GM, which in itself isn't too bad, apparently Ted DiBiase snr is lined up for next week as well, which is also fine, but I hate this concept, as its only a matter of time before we get celebrities involved etc... and thats jst dire.

Secondly, in these "trades", ECW got absolutely raped. Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry moving to RAW means haECW has lost several of its big stars, and pretty much all of their credible heels. This means two things for Christian, one that he will certainly be turning heel in the near future, and secondly means that he is stuck on ECW for the forseable future.

RAW again was a bit crap I thought, the Tag Team match was excellent, and Cena vs Miz again was much better than their match at the PPV, Miz getting in loads of offence and Cena making him look very good. Apart from that the rest of the show was meh/dire. Cena vs HHH on next weeks show might be interesting mind.

But oh boy, my main gripe was the ME, so much wrong here, Randy Orton being buried by Mark Henry is one of the stupidest thing I have ever seen, how the hell do they want to keep Orton over by having him buried by an ECW midcarder who had absolutely no momentum going into this match is anyones guess. On a plus side, Jack Swagger appears to have joined legacy and Mark Henry is now a face which could be amusing. But dire dire dire, Orton buried again, very stupid.
Raw was an interesting show. Really random of WWE to have these draft picks today. Great to see Swagger and Henry on Raw as I think they add freshness to a stale Raw.

As for Christian, I definitely see him now as the face of ECW. He will get another ECW Championship reign and the prospect of seeing Shelton Benjamin vs Christian for the ECW Championship on a PPV sounds fantastic.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, Bourne & Swagger on Raw - good. Mark Henry, anywhere = bad. Mark Henry pinning the champ, bad.

Cena will surely win next week. I accept that HHH and Orton will have a blowoff, but it should be at Summerslam. Maybe even not for the title. Could have Cena beating Orton at NOC, and then facing Miz again at Summerslam, probably won't happen though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Bourne & Swagger on Raw - good. Mark Henry, anywhere = bad. Mark Henry pinning the champ, bad.

Cena will surely win next week. I accept that HHH and Orton will have a blowoff, but it should be at Summerslam. Maybe even not for the title. Could have Cena beating Orton at NOC, and then facing Miz again at Summerslam, probably won't happen though.
The next weeks episode of RAW was taped last night, and it doesn't look a lot better tbh. I won't post the spoilers in here, but nothing of any interest/importance happened.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Moving to the Raw roster:
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Jack Swagger
Evan Bourne
Mark Henry

Moving to the SmackDown roster:
Matt Hardy
Finlay
The Hart Dynasty - David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya

Moving to the ECW roster:
Shelton Benjamin
Goldust
William Regal
Brie & Nikki Bella

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

I know you don't like the big guys, but Mark Henry has improved so so much since moving to ECW. The pop he got for pinning Orton was insane, too.

His work with Atlas (not sure if Atlas will stay on, though) has been the most enjoyable Mizark has been throughout his entire career. Great to see he's finally paying off after a decade of injuries,.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't get the whole Orton is buried thing.. He is getting what any regular major heel gets, unless your name is Triple H...

If anyone was serious about pushing Orton, they will give him a major face run, perhaps after Survivor Series or something... The biggest stars almost always happen to be faces, again, unless ur name is Triple H.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
They don't seem to know how to book heel champs as anything but chicken****. It works for Jericho and Edge, but Orton? He doesn't have the type of charisma to pull that role off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know you don't like the big guys, but Mark Henry has improved so so much since moving to ECW. The pop he got for pinning Orton was insane, too.

His work with Atlas (not sure if Atlas will stay on, though) has been the most enjoyable Mizark has been throughout his entire career. Great to see he's finally paying off after a decade of injuries,.
He did do a decent job in the scramble on Sunday tbf, I never paid much attention to his recent matches with Bourne. But yes, I don't think he's ever got a pop like that, crazy.

masterblaster

International Captain

I've always liked Mark Henry. He's a pretty good wrestler for such a big man and he's loyal, tenured and has gone through plenty of bad injuries and storylines before. I'm genuinely happy for his success and how much he has improved.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've always liked Mark Henry. He's a pretty good wrestler for such a big man and he's loyal, tenured and has gone through plenty of bad injuries and storylines before. I'm genuinely happy for his success and how much he has improved.
Yeah, this is a fair point. Jeez, remember when he (kayfabe, obv) got Mae Young pregnant, and then she gave birth to a hand 8-)

People remember the Attitude era fondly, and rightly so in many ways but it's easily forgotten how much **** like that went on

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am probs gonna go to the Smackdown/ECW tour over here this winter. Raw is coming to Liverpool (house show not the actual broadcast) but my mate would rather drive to see the good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.