• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Arachnodouche

International Captain
My suspension of disbelief meter starts malfunctioning in the Wyatt Universe. Which is sad because theatrically this stuff is probably better than anything ever done by the WWE. But the amount of post-production and choreography required to pull it off simultaneously makes it less effective as a wrestling gimmick. Kane needed little more than ominous insinuations from Paul Bearer before he showed up at Bad Blood (?). Undertaker didn't even need that when he started. This stuff though, great as it is in the on-screen montages, goes a little cold as soon as the lights come on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's the kind of thing that's great in horror movie style vignettes (or even just horror movies full stop), but it immediately runs out of steam as soon as it's time for... actual wrestling, imo.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see them as a sideshow at the moment. They are causing chaos which is always welcomed in the WWE Universe.

The downside of this though is that it’s 20 years too late.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This stable is comfortably the most intimidating faction seen in WWE in ages despite all the new faces (to lay viewers like me i.e.). Just wish they gave the Tongans a shirtless in-match look instead of the slick vinyl overalls they're currently wearing.

On Solo, while I appreciate his weasel-like behavior of late as head heel, it's not in line with his fearless past as Enforcer. Probably doesn't matter story-wise but annoying.

Heboric

International Debutant
Nice to see the doctor back finally, I guess we will be getting CEO vs DMD at Wembley. It had to happen eventually