• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Howsie

International Captain
The cricketer's show I think it's called. Peter McGlashan was one of the cricketers on it and he was going on about his blog and how he and Matthew Sinclair both write stuff for it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Went to the basin and watched. I didn't have the benefit of the radar gun - but to the naked eye Tuffey's first over seemed slow. He bowled well in the end though. I thought Martin bowled really well in his opening spell but all credit to the batsman for seeing him off.

Really liked Vettori's bowling he got hit for two massive sixes but he didn't go into his shell. He stayed the course and picked up some wickets.
I do wonder if he has some confidence issues in the 4th inning of a game as he looked a different player today compared to that 4th inning in Dunedin.
The Pakistanis even though they were losing wickets to Vettori's bowling interspersed that with some wonderful stroke play off him. They are fine stroke makers off spin.

O Brien bowled some good bouncers at Umar and actually had him worried so that was impressive.

All in all a good day at the cricket. A bit cold for the fans though. We had to shelter up high in one of the stands.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The cricketer's show I think it's called. Peter McGlashan was one of the cricketers on it and he was going on about his blog and how he and Matthew Sinclair both write stuff for it.
Yeah, Pete told me yesterday he would be appearing on the show talking about his blog.

Going to try and get the footage up on CW from the show. Need to get in contact with someone from SkyTV.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Man, its was so fricken cold at the Basin this morning. I was there from 11am just waiting for the match to get under way. Finally started at 2:10pm, but I had to go to work at 3pm. So that was over 3 hours waiting in the freezing cold (sounds like an Eminem song) to watch about 11 overs of test cricket......

But it was worth it in a funny sort of way.
Good to see NZ on top. Will be there the whole day tomorrow, with warmer clothes.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just read through the posts from today. Had a good lol at the ones regarding Tuffey and Vettori early on...

Fusion

Global Moderator
So another pathetic batting collapse by our “senior” batsmen. Same old , same old. If the reports coming out that everyone refused to bat at one down and hence Umar was put in are true, it is truly despicable. And LOL at Farhat stating after the game that SHOULD they reach 250 (highly unlikely), it would be a good total to defend with our bowlers. Yeah sure, as usual look to the bowlers to rescue your sorry ass! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the worst job in professional sports is being a Pakistani bowler. No matter how great you do, the batting can be relied upon to **** it up. And if the batting collapses first, it’s your responsibility to rescue the team. I wouldn’t want the job.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
This is a good day for Tuffey & NZ. He struggled initially for the wickets today..but ended up nicely with good wickets. Nice to see him back to test match cricket. Welcome Daryl Raymond Tuffey

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
How is the pitch playing?Will it be good for batting tomorrow and the day after?
I reckon the pitch is good for batting. Pakistani batsman played too many silly shots to give their wickets. Having said that, If Pakistan bowlers can make best use bounce and seam of the pitch, NZ batsman may have problem on this pitch. If NZ top order sensibly first up, we are up for a good lead

I reckon the pitch is good for batting. Pakistani batsman played too many silly shots to give their wickets. Having said that, If Pakistan bowlers can make best use bounce and seam of the pitch, NZ batsman may have problem on this pitch. If NZ top order sensibly first up, we are up for a good lead
Sounds good.I just hope it doesn't rain and the light stays good.