• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't this the first test match Karthik hasn't made a half century in since his return to test cricket?
That is correct but IMO that's how its going to be there for him because he has failed in ODIs which somehow create this image that he has been failing in general as opposed to someone like Yuvraj who has not had a lot of success in test cricket but is consistently considered unlucky mainly because of his ODI performances.

That said I am not in favor of dropping KDK.

Dissector

International Debutant
I am pretty skeptical of Karthik but after his decent performance in England he deserves another couple of tests. If he continues to fail he should be dropped for the Australian tour.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've only been following vaguely on cricinfo, so I'm not too sure what the umpiring has been like. Just saying that it's natural to complain when the umpiring doesn't work in your teams favour, although that doesn't necessarily mean I condone those that do.
In my opinion, the umpiring has been very good given that there has been an appeal for damn near everything that hit the pad or passed the bat.

Jaffer gone! Pakistan back in this contest.

haroon510

International 12th Man
In my opinion, the umpiring has been very good given that there has been an appeal for damn near everything that hit the pad or passed the bat.

Jaffer gone! Pakistan back in this contest.
i think if the decision would go against india u would complain...

that is good that jaffer is gone but there is no contast... sami started positive he wasn't given the lbw ... he lost that confident and proven very expansive in next couple of overs of that... there is no contast because the umpire suck the contast away from the game...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
i think if the decision would go against india u would complain...
No, I wouldn't. Dravid should have been given but India (Munaf especially) had several LBWs turned down. The umpires are taking a lenient approach with the batsmen and have been consistant with it; sure, they were a bit too leniant with Dravid but he did get far forward to an inswinger and so guessing the line would not have been easy, furthermore, there was two noises too.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
We'll see if India have the nerve to get these remaining runs......they've collapsed chasing moderate totals from Pakistan before.

jeevan

International 12th Man
For those of us watching:
"Ball pitched outside off, batsman coming quite forward and getting rapped on the pads. Ball moving across and might have clipped leg stump. Certainly appears so in Hawkeye replay"

describes not just Sami's appeal against Dravid, but a few appeals from Zaheer and even 1 or 2 from Munaf. All were not given. That's right, none of Zaheer's 4 wickets in this match are lbw. Umpires are being mostly consistent in this type of lbw appeal.

ps Dravid goes bowled Akhtar.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
For those of us watching:
"Ball pitched outside off, batsman coming quite forward and getting rapped on the pads. Ball moving across and might have clipped leg stump. Certainly appears so in Hawkeye replay"

describes not just Sami's appeal against Dravid, but a few appeals from Zaheer and even 1 or 2 from Munaf. All were not given. That's right, none of Zaheer's 4 wickets in this match are lbw. Umpires are being mostly consistent in this type of lbw appeal.

ps Dravid goes bowled Akhtar.
What's the bet that India will prolly collapse here bigtime ?

Fiery

Banned
This game has had more twists and turns than two contortionists tying each other up with ropes while eating pretzels

haroon510

International 12th Man
Sachin to bring India home TBH.
well that might happen.. one of the reason is because shoaib is the only bowler who is bowling well.. if pakistan had on more bowler who could help shoaib from other side..it would have been a tight contest..

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Haha nothing, just saying it's crazy how many turns this match has taken. The commentators were gushing about India finally taking control of the match ... and there goes Dravid.

It just goes to show unprofessional India are....they make a moderate target look like a gigantic one.....