• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But here's the thing though. Will Lord's pitch fall apart the same way was as a SC pitch does on Day 4 and 5? Genuine question.
Not going to fall apart, typically Lord's barely deteriorates at all, but this pitch has had some signs of uneven bounce which is unusual.

So it is clearly wearing.

Scaly piscine

They still managed 270 and could have managed more. Rest of Pak's seam attack have been barely average. A target around 250 should be within means I would say
They could have managed less. Cook was dropped twice in the process of getting to 110-1 or whatever it was. The middle order didn't manage to lay a bat on that red leathery object so you can't say they got one of those rare Pakistan good fielding days.

England chasing >300 - miracle required
> 250 Pakistan favourites
200-250 Either marginal favourites
< 200 England favourites

They basically need to bowl Pakistan out for under 135 to be favourite. But England's spinner is a non-factor. Finn leaks runs too quickly to enable you to skittle sides and bowled absolute dross. There's a debutant who's fairly pedestrian. So chances are England will be chasing 250+ and not far from needing a miracle.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They could have managed less. Cook was dropped twice in the process of getting to 110-1 or whatever it was. The middle order didn't manage to lay a bat on that red leathery object so you can't say they got one of those rare Pakistan good fielding days.

England chasing >300 - miracle required
> 250 Pakistan favourites
200-250 Either marginal favourites
< 200 England favourites

They basically need to bowl Pakistan out for under 135 to be favourite. But England's spinner is a non-factor. Finn leaks runs too quickly to enable you to skittle sides and bowled absolute dross. There's a debutant who's fairly pedestrian. So chances are England will be chasing 250+ and not far from needing a miracle.
That's harsh. But pretty much agree with the rest.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's what I don't get about Ramiz. He is there to provide a certain perspective on Pakistan cricket to Sky Sports audience who might not be familiar with the inner details. So the Sky commentators like Hussain or Athers keep asking him specific questions like "Why Pak decided to go with 3 left armers, why Shafiq doesn't bat up the order, whether that is in the plans, why Azhar Ali doesn't open' Now if Ramiz wasn't actually someone who, commentates in every game Pakistan plays throughout the year, I would understand his lack of knowledge and insight. But how is it that this guy fails to answer these basic questions? How is he so clueless? Is it just bad memory? Laziness? I don't get it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
49% for England
45% for Pakistan.

I would say that's a fair assessment without gambhiring.
Nah, as I said Pakistan had slightly more chance than that even before the game started. The odd, the winviz predictor - everything has been thoroughly wrong throughout this match.

Last edited:

fredfertang

England the home side, 2 crap openers in this side and dodgy lower order for Pakistan.

Agreed England are not exactly excelling at the moment, but Pakistan still have a lot of work to do.
Batting out the day shouldn't be beyond them, and that should be enough as long as they bowl properly

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batting out the day shouldn't be beyond them, and that should be enough as long as they bowl properly
Agreed, at least we have hope for the future tests with Stokes and Anderson to return that we will perform better with bat and ball.

We do have serious issues with our batting though.

StephenZA

What a terrible review... looked like a desperation review more than anything.

Good morning for Pakistan, slowly taking control of the game..

91Jmay

International Coach
Pakistan dominating the game now. 1-0 down feels certainty now. I still blame Root largely for this, my main worry is he won't hear any voices in dressing room telling him he needs to get his head down and score big runs.

Scaly piscine

FTR Stokes playing (and bowling) for Durham in a county match. He wouldn't be far from Old Trafford actually given they're playing away to Lancashire. Anderson playing for Lancs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good catching Cook.

Most important part of the match now, Pakistan's middle order. Can they put them in a position to win.

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes with a lovely set up there of Masood. Amazing how much he has improved, it is like he realised it was his last chance and started pitching the ball up properly.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah think that might be as good as it gets for Shan this tour, hard working bloke, but not up to it it at this level at the moment.