• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Shady Slim

International Coach
the thing with pakistan's tail is they're the kind of tail to either fold for next to nothing or edge and waft their way to forty or fifty runs in eight overs, as seen in the first innings, and if that happens that could dictate proceedings

Niall

International Coach
Hafeez is just terrible as an opener....
He has gunned it hard in the UAE and outperformed many English batsman last series. His knock in the third test was gun and won Pakistan the match.

Pakistan don't leave Asia much so he has huge value in the SC, its just when he leaves Asia which is rare he really struggles.

Is it fair to say he is a terrible opener when he so good in Asian conditions where he plays pretty much all his cricket?

Runs in Asia are hard to get these days also:ph34r:

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I get it I made a huge cliche.

It's just easier to look at catching because it's something that should mostly just be done, particularly when it was two completely straightforward ones for the same player. My point really is that even in that patch of the innings where we looked good, Pakistan were still making chance after chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He has gunned it hard in the UAE and outperformed many English batsman last series. His knock in the third test was gun and won Pakistan the match.

Pakistan don't leave Asia much so he has huge value in the SC, its just when he leaves Asia which is rare he really struggles.
that's probably fair. Its just the gap between his Asia and non Asia batting is so stark its awful

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is such a stupid shot from Hafeez. The problem with that shot has nothing to do with technique, it's about stupidity.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ball looks okay but I can't really see what he adds to an England attack. Very typical bowler and not that quick.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I get it I made a huge cliche.

It's just easier to look at catching because it's something that should mostly just be done, particularly when it was two completely straightforward ones for the same player. My point really is that even in that patch of the innings where we looked good, Pakistan were still making chance after chance.
Yep. England had two batsmen who were in control, Root and Woakes. The rest looked like they were on borrowed time.

Pitch isn't going to get any easier to bat on, and Pakistan will probably bring Yasir Shah on earlier. The tipping point where England are favourites is chasing something in the region of 200-250. Personally I think it is nearer 200. If the pitch really wears then you could say even below 200, but that would be uncharacteristic of Lord's.

Personally I would have England at 25-30% to win. I've seen far too many **** shows against Pakistan. Whatever teams are produced England **** up like they've done so far.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep. England had two batsmen who were in control, Root and Woakes. The rest looked like they were on borrowed time.

Pitch isn't going to get any easier to bat on, and Pakistan will probably bring Yasir Shah on earlier. The tipping point where England are favourites is chasing something in the region of 200-250. Personally I think it is nearer 200. If the pitch really wears then you could say even below 200, but that would be uncharacteristic of Lord's.

Personally I would have England at 25-30% to win. I've seen far too many **** shows against Pakistan. Whatever teams are produced England **** up like they've done so far.
But here's the thing though. Will Lord's pitch fall apart the same way was as a SC pitch does on Day 4 and 5? Genuine question.