• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
**** me Gough wants us to open with Prior and Bell in the world cup...

edit and pick Flintoff...deary me, they might as well have Ronnie Irani on the panel

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Really? =/ Bell could do a job, but Prior? Why on Earth would you bring him back when we've got Davies and Kieswetter? I guess you can't expect fantastic input from a guy who's a regular on Talksport.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
I don't get why Prior's suddenly gone ahead of Kieswetter. Kieswetter had a shocker against Australia, but he's still scored more runs at a significantly better average in the 40 over competition than Prior, and actually performed better in ODi's than Prior.

Here's the squad they came up with:

Davies +
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood *
Morgan
Bopara
Yardy
Swann
Broad
Bresnan
Anderson

Prior
Wright
Sidebottom
Tremlett

Hmm. No Trott or Strauss?

Jacknife

International Captain
Goughy picking Mahmood is just unreal and he seemed to have a bit of a downer about Shazhad,can't believe none of them picked Strauss,I think his batting in ODi has improved no end.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Decided not to bet. If generally pessimistic English fans like Brumby and Grecian believe they can win, then England are certainties :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Davies goes. Top nut from Shoaib. Bites and leaves the left-hander slightly & Akmal takes regulation chance.

Good little cameo tho.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes decent ball from Shoaib when Davies was looking in good nick again. Trott and Strauss have to ensure they keep a respectable run rate here and stay in front of what we require.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Skipper brings up his 50 in the grand manner.

His 23rd ODI 50, believe it or not. Not a bad effort for a bloke who supposedly can't play the format.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Grecian and Brumby on the money so far. Cruising atm. Nothing silly from here, and barring a miracle bowling spell, Eng should walk it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmys 10 overs for just 36 with 8 of them being powerplay overs and the other two also in the last 10 overs could end up being the difference tbh

King Pietersen

International Captain
Great call from Stewart, Gough and Pringle to drop Strauss and Trott from the ODi squad. They're awful players. Where are Matt Prior and Luke Wright when you need them?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great call from Stewart, Gough and Pringle to drop Strauss and Trott from the ODi squad. They're awful players. Where are Matt Prior and Luke Wright when you need them?
Indeed.

Trott averaging just the 78 at the moment. Admittedly the strike rate of 77.26 isn't that flash, but compares quite favourably with Ravi's (current ave 29.39) SR of 73.29.

Skipper strikes @ tick over 79 ftr.