• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am such a sad panda. The England first innings had everything, and was test cricket in a nutshell. Punch, counterpunch, bowling successes countered by batting successes.

Now this. :(
This. I'm struggling to appreciate Broad and Trott's efforts in the same light as I was a day ago, which is so sad.

stumpski

International Captain
Would be pathetic if they did it.
Well they've just left their hotel, attracting more media attention than would usually be the case.

And yes of course the match should go on, can't scrap a Test match on the basis of completely unfounded allegations. Then let events on and off the field take their course.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I wish Pakistan were bowling. Would have been interesting to see what crowd reaction they would get when coming onto the field. The bowlers would also be ****-scared of bowling no-balls.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
And yes of course the match should go on, can't scrap a Test match on the basis of completely unfounded allegations. Then let events on and off the field take their course.
Exactly.

I wonder what kind of reception the Pakistan team, and the implicated players in particular, will get from the Lord's crowd and the England fielders. In that respect they should consider themselves lucky that this is being played at Lord's - they would cop a lot more abuse were this played at any other ground in the country.

Spark

Global Moderator
Exactly.

I wonder what kind of reception the Pakistan team, and the implicated players in particular, will get from the Lord's crowd and the England fielders. In that respect they should consider themselves lucky that this is being played at Lord's - they would cop a lot more abuse were this played at any other ground in the country.
I'll say. They'd cop an absolute hiding if they were at say, the Gabba or the MCG.

Let alone if they were in India.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll say. They'd cop an absolute hiding if they were at say, the Gabba or the MCG.

Let alone if they were in India.
Yep. Leeds / Cardiff / Edgbaston would be spicy as well. You can't help feeling that the sternest abuse they'll get at Lord's is getting accidentally dribbled on by a dying MCC member

stumpski

International Captain
Probably just as well that this match doesn't have too long left in it though. Aamir and Asif's reception when they come out to bat will be worth seeing.