• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So will Pakistan make the most of the new ball or waste it again? I think they are going to really miss having a 140+ bowler here once the ball gets older.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's obviously a hard bloke to get out but it must be nice for a bowler to be able to float it up all day without worrying about being driven
I remember making a post on here years ago when he and Phil Hughes were coming through as young players that I rated Hughes higher because his strength was right next to his weakness. They both nicked off in the corridor a lot but if you got too wide Hughes would absolutely punish you through the off side while Khawaja would just leave it. That made him much easier to bowl to as you had such a big margin of error when bowling for his weakness.

I thought if he made it as a Test bat he'd have to figure out how to score off the front foot on the off side, but instead of adding a strength near his weakness he just worked on the weakness.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hang on, it's the debutant in first slip. Pakistan's more senior players are an absolute bunch of pikers.