• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
If you understand what I am saying then why are you miffed at why sami was never as good as Malcolm marshal??

Not to sound harsh but it's a pointless remark, as if you are celebrating "what could have been....", he wasn't even remotely close to those heights!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
All Pakistani cricket fans should know by now that raw ingredients alone are only part of the pre requisites needed to be a top player.

Sami never struck me as a smart bowler, he had one trick alone, which became am even bigger issue when he changed his style.
he had a good outswinger and could reverse the old ball but he leaked runs like a tap which would force all his captain's to go on the defensive and ask him to cut down pace and bowl to defensive lines which was never his strength. Ultimatley it was Sami's own fault really as he bowled incredible number of 4 balls.

smash84

The Tiger King
If you understand what I am saying then why are you miffed at why sami was never as good as Malcolm marshal??

Not to sound harsh but it's a pointless remark, as if you are celebrating "what could have been....", he wasn't even remotely close to those heights!!!
celebrating Sami :blink:????? miffed?

I think you need to go back and read my post again

Last edited:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
I never said that.

I said you are celebrating what Sami could have been, celebrating a wasted potential, a new MALCOLM MARSHAL!!!!:unsure:

smash84

The Tiger King
no......you got it all wrong dude.....I was just agreeing with PEWS that in theory Sami had all the ingredients to be a good fast bowler. That is all that I said and meant.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
You also agreed with me that he was a limited bowler!!!

I don't quite believe he had the potential people believe, it would have shown atleast a few times, it never did.

Now if there's a bowler you want to lament the loss of then ASIf is the guy, I'll agree on that for sure!!

smash84

The Tiger King
of course Sami was a limited bowler.

What PEWS meant and I agreed upon was that Sami had all the necessary tools that in theory a fast bowler should have before he comes into the side i.e. strong back and shoulders, a deceptively quick action, and pace. That he failed to convert it to good performance is down to him. But as PEWS mentioned that if you get more bowlers with raw ingredients like him there are a lot of chances that others with a different mental temperament might succeed.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
he had a good outswinger and could reverse the old ball but he leaked runs like a tap which would force all his captain's to go on the defensive and ask him to cut down pace and bowl to defensive lines which was never his strength. Ultimatley it was Sami's own fault really as he bowled incredible number of 4 balls.
I respect your views on Sami as I know you have followed his career. You entertained me with this post after he had a terrific spell against Aussie last time Pak toured there

^ Yeah I really really hope that the Pakistani batsman don't implode themselves as usuall and waste this awesome start. Loved the first day's action and can't wait for play to start again. I don't know how well Sami will fare from now on out, but boy did he shut me (and 99% of the people) up for at least one day. Somewhere in Lahore, Imran Khan is doing summersaults. :)
Must be so frustrating to have someone so close to being a good player not get there.

smash84

The Tiger King
tbh Khatmal ruined Sami's comeback. He bowled beautifully in that Sydney test match but Pak lost the match thanks to Khatmal

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
calling them thick is a bit harsh, perhaps they are just limited as bowlers?

gul has been lucky, amir and asif going down has meant he been given a free pass into the pakistan team, he was on the verge of being dropped in favour of wahab - and rightly so

as it is, pakistan are stuck with him, i quite like him as a person but he needs to step up and find consistency

Xuhaib

International Coach
agree that Gul got lucky when the two A's got busted Junaid, Wahaab, heema may have put serious pressure on Gul for the 3 seamer slot and with the way Ajmal, and rehman have bowled recently he might have been sitting on the sidelines now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyone else wondering what Asif and Amir could have done on the type of pitches being rolled out worldwide lately?

smash84

The Tiger King
they would have wreaked havoc but then the Pak batting would have done something even more ridiculous and Pak would have still lost

Flem274*

123/5
they would have wreaked havoc but then the Pak batting would have done something even more ridiculous and Pak would have still lost
Haha I reckon in 5-10-20 years or something we'll have a period of good Pakistani batting and the contrast in fan confidence between then and now will be awesome.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Gul has improved in the last year, but he needs to bowl with more variation and pitch the ball up more. He also loses confidence when hit (e.g. Sehwag smashing him in the Semis).

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamer had more upside potential I have never seen an under 23 bowler as complete as Aamer though Pattenson is seriously pushing me to change that opinion.