• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone else wondering what Asif and Amir could have done on the type of pitches being rolled out worldwide lately?
Overstepped by a suspiciously large margin is my guess.

Nah, it's a loss to cricket & Pakistani cricket in particular, but you lie down with dogs, etc.

I think both are also proof that intelligence isn't necessarily a prerequisite for being a great bowler too.

smash84

The Tiger King
Overstepped by a suspiciously large margin is my guess.

Nah, it's a loss to cricket & Pakistani cricket in particular, but you lie down with dogs, etc.

I think both are also proof that intelligence isn't necessarily a prerequisite for being a great bowler too
:laugh:

Bouncer

State Regular
Aamer had more upside potential I have never seen an under 23 bowler as complete as Aamer though Pattenson is seriously pushing me to change that opinion.

Younis

33 games, 219 wickets @ 19 with SR 36...all before he hit 23

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
:laugh:

good point raised by Neil.

Besides Waqar wasn't exactly what you would call complete. He was mostly reverse swinging yorkers

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
I think both are also proof that intelligence isn't necessarily a prerequisite for being a great bowler too.

asif was intelligent enough, he didnt have his moral compass pointing in the right direction.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
He was successful...whatever being "complete" means...he topped the tables at the that point..one of the best peaks a fast bowler has had..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wouldn't say carrying opium in your wallet through a Dubai airport is the work of a genius, tbf.
but then getting your girlfriend to pay for all your legal expenses and then giving her a forged check when she wants her money back after you dumped her seems like a work from a pretty smart guy.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
but then getting your girlfriend to pay for all your legal expenses and then giving her a forged check when she wants her money back after you dumped her seems like a work from a pretty smart guy.
If by "pretty smart guy" you mean "ponce", then yes, yes it is.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
He was the most smartest guy in the London case. Until the last moment, he had the judges in suspect.
Had it not been Amirs confession he would have been cleared easily although he had a huge part in the spot fixing as claimed by Mazher Majeed

slowfinger

International Debutant
My sentiments exactly.

Xuhaib

International Coach
so guys Umer Akmal or Asad Shafique for #6.

Another option could be to bring in Fawad Alam, Ayub Dogra or Usman Sallahuddin who ever performs the best in the 3 dayer before the first test

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
so guys Umer Akmal or Asad Shafique for #6.

Another option could be to bring in Fawad Alam, Ayub Dogra or Usman Sallahuddin who ever performs the best in the 3 dayer before the first test
Fawad Alam should definitely be in the side; he's one of Pakistan's best three batsmen. Failing that (which unfortunately is indeed quite likely to be failed) I would play Umar.