• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Molehill

International Captain
You can afford 3 defeats to make the top 4, so England will need to beat 2 out of Pak/Aus/Ind/SA and not screw up against any of the others.

Although anything rained off will make it even tougher.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Sri Lanka is better than Aus
Didn't you not just humiliate Sri Lanka in the Asia cup final after beating them comfortably in the "group stage".

While losing to Australia comfortably in one of the 3 games you played them?

Then Sri Lanka got in this World Cup, via the Super League plays offs to boot.

number11

State Regular
You can afford 3 defeats to make the top 4, so England will need to beat 2 out of Pak/Aus/Ind/SA and not screw up against any of the others.

Although anything rained off will make it even tougher.
You'd have to assume it's very likely that England bt Pak and RSA.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Not great start for England. Losing one game isn't reason to panic but the big loss will be a concern with nrr.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
NZ were great, England were suboptimal but they can get better. Its really down to the mental side of things. My cousins have already predicted an absolute bonkers performance against our beloved Bangbros. Wounded lion and all that...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
NZ were great, England were suboptimal but they can get better. Its really down to the mental side of things. My cousins have already predicted an absolute bonkers performance against our beloved Bangbros. Wounded lion and all that...
I think we’ll win but I expect Bangladesh to be cagy and then our tournament will get going with a massacre of Afghanistan

I guess we shall see!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wowee...,that is one hell of a performance. Obviously the two LH bats get all the deserved glory, but the three frontline bowlers we picked need a massive amount of praise, too. They deserve to be called matchwinners as well.

Matt Henry, he is world class now and has been for a while. He had it on a string on a dead flat one. Santner must've bowled well as well and Boult must've come back from his first couple of overs. For those guys to bowl 30 overs for 133 on a flat as **** deck, with a hotch potch of bowlers around them, is so clutch.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
A great thing about Rachin's innings is the balance of our side has now got a significant boost. We can play the side we did today, with six genuinely good top order bats in the top 6, and two powerhouse finishers at 7-8, and even Santner at nine who can do a job. Or we drop Neesham, and play the extra seamer/spinner.

So chuffed with the result. I watched the first 10 overs and I genuinely feel like Matt Henry set the tone for our campaign. He was all over the in-form Malan like a rash, kept Bairstow in check and to me, kinda masked the fact that was a wicket you'd want to be 80-0 off 10 on.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Wowee...,that is one hell of a performance. Obviously the two LH bats get all the deserved glory, but the three frontline bowlers we picked need a massive amount of praise, too. They deserve to be called matchwinners as well.

Matt Henry, he is world class now and has been for a while. He had it on a string on a dead flat one. Santner must've bowled well as well and Boult must've come back from his first couple of overs. For those guys to bowl 30 overs for 133 on a flat as **** deck, with a hotch potch of bowlers around them, is so clutch.
Yep. Santner was superb and Latham marshalled his bowlers exceptionally, so huge credit to him. Phillips picked up two crucial wickets at crucial times. Just an outstanding performance all round.

But talk about sliding doors. I really felt for Young. He gets more on that one down leg, it goes for 4 and he's on his way to a score. As it is, he's now an endangered species. He's been so unlucky throughout his international career.