• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Molehill

International Captain
Have England ever lost an ODI with that many overs remaining. After batting 50 themselves before?
I'm sure we batted a full 50 against SL once and only scored about 95 - Jayasuriya knocked them off in about 12 overs.

Just found that game, we were bowled out in the 47th over for 88!! So that doesn't count.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably yes. But psychologically it should make a major difference chasing 280 vs 350?
Yeah, I mean it’s called scoreboard pressure for a reason right. We will never know how many short England were. Another 50 and maybe NZ still win but you can’t just extrapolate the run rate and assume it.

I guess the fact that we threw starts away is one reason why I’m not super worried. We are capable of big scores. Any talk of no chance of beating xyz based on one game is super premature. Same sort of posting as when Marsh was on the rampage at Headingley.

It’s a bruising defeat and I’m pretty gutted but this format gives us margin for error. Obviously we now have less than we started with. On we go.

mackembhoy

International Debutant