• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

bryce

International Regular
lol rich i'll pick your side for ya 8-)

1.Cumming(10)
2.Gaffaney(2)
3.Redmond(20)
4.Hopkins+(3)
5.Todd(46*)
6.McSkimming(14)
7.Franklin(1/23)
8.Murray(1/12)
9.Gillespie(1/20)
10.Patel(3/19)
11.Turner(2/16)

extremely tough job selecting the 2nd opener - i eventually went for Cumming's 2 off 13 balls over Wasim's 5 off 31 balls

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
bryce said:
lol rich i'll pick your side for ya 8-)

1.Cumming(10)
2.Gaffaney(2)
3.Redmond(20)
4.Hopkins+(3)
5.Todd(46*)
6.McSkimming(14)
7.Franklin(1/23)
8.Murray(1/12)
9.Gillespie(1/20)
10.Patel(3/19)
11.Turner(2/16)

extremely tough job selecting the 2nd opener - i eventually went for Cumming's 2 off 13 balls over Wasim's 5 off 31 balls
Haha yeah not the best start for my idea

bryce

International Regular
shaka said:
Wasim batted at five this week.
i know lol i obviously had the scorecard in front of my nose, i took into account that he can open as you have probaly figured out :)

Kent

State 12th Man
Jeez, Wellington just can't catch a break can they!

About 5 first-string players leave in the off-season, their 4th innings run chase against Otago gets rained out, they get Otago 127/9 in the SS and it's rained out, then Sri Lanka go home and they get smashed by the Cantab all-stars, who don't even have room for Tim McIntosh! :ranting:

Auckland v. Otago
Canterbury v. Wellington
ND v. CD

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Just have to ride the luck. I like the luck Otago is currently riding, rained out when we were in trouble, now we are well on top against Auckland.

Go the Golden one and congragulations to Gaffers.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Team of the round so far.

Gaffney (101*)
Papps (129*)
Astle (88)
Cumming (77)
Wilson (50 and 3 for 23 off 8*)
McCullum +(43*)
Canning (3 for 40)
Schwass (5 for 22)
Shaw(2 for 30 off 7*)
Tuffey (2 for 9 off 6*)
McMillan (3 for 34 off 7.3)

Kent

State 12th Man
A bowler with the limited talent of Andrew Schwass taking 5/22. That's just obscene!

Taupo in an ND ground, but I think it's time CD gave up this idea of a State Shield roadshow and based themselves at McLean Park. It seems like Jamie How has struck 3 bowler-friendly pitches in a row and could now be classified as out of nick.

Pukekura Park and Waikanae's recent track records (CD's next venues) aren't exactly filled with runs either, so it'll be a shame if such a potent batting side is just wasted.

bryce

International Regular
i'd say papps has the inside running now and i hope goldie keeps his form up and eventually returns to ODI's(imagine how good in the field he would be!), common hang on ND! CD currently 81/8

bryce

International Regular
CD 97/9 needing only two - butler just picked up sulzberger for the match top score of 29(!) and it's up to the bunny hamilton, i hope butler cleans him up, very good wins for otago and canterbury aswell

Last edited:

sportychic33

State 12th Man
CD WON!! chasing a revised total of about 97 . . . CD reached 98/9 so won with one wicket to spare.
I would love to know what the pitch was like, it must have been a green seamer friendly one. . I agree with you Kent and think that CD should try and stay in one place such as McLean park that produces good even wickets with lots of runs to be scored and so that the bowlers have to work hard for the wickets, as it would be excellent practice for the upcoming Australian Series

Kent

State 12th Man
sportychic33 said:
I agree with you Kent and think that CD should try and stay in one place such as McLean park that produces good even wickets with lots of runs to be scored and so that the bowlers have to work hard for the wickets, as it would be excellent practice for the upcoming Australian Series
Unfortunately politics will probably prevent that from ever happening. It seems because Napier gets ODIs, the CD association have to let Palmy, Nelson, Waikanae, Masterton, and New Plymouth all have their day in the sun (or the rain) instead.

If the Basin pitch stays as good as it seems to be currently, Ross Taylor or Jamie How should get themselves down here and kick the Parlanes to the curb!

If they're going to compete with guys like McMillan, Papps or Fulton for a place in the BCs, IMO the smartest career move they could make is to get on pitches as consistent as the ones the Cantabs enjoy.

anzac

International Debutant
the only draw back with the BCs being avialable for the extended period is that the young emerging / acadamy players are going to struggle to get a run in the sides.................

I note the likes of Nichol & Stewart are already mia unless they have injuries - and I wonder if Davis & Co will get a look at all!!!!!!

anzac

International Debutant
bryce said:
i'd say papps has the inside running now
he's only had the 1 good innings to date this season & that was in ODs, where he appears to have lost his spot to Flem / Astle.............

unless he's able to translate that innings into the longer game he may still be down the list re Test Opener preference.........

southern man

U19 Cricketer
At the end of the first innings

Otago vs Central
Otago 298/9
Cumming 57, Hopkins 55, McCullum 34, Scott 29* and three 23's.
Hamilton 2 for 40, Schwass 3 for 66.

Canterbury vs Northern
Northern all out for 148
Astle 4 for 19.

Wellington vs Auckland
Auckland all out for 183
Rob Nicol 52.
Franklin 3 for 35 and Pasupati 4 for 37.

bryce

International Regular
ND won! very underrated one-day bowler graeme aldridge ripping through the star-studded cantabs with 5/34, mayu pasupati took 4/37 and then hit 42* down the order to steer wellington home over auckland with tama canning taking 4/21 in vein, otago continued there unexpected batting form by putting away CD comfortably and jeff wilson amongst the wickets again taking 3/39.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Team of the round
Astle (45, 4 for 19)
How (55)
Cumming (57)
Nicol (52)
Hopkins (55)
Woodcock (41)
Pasupati (42no, 4 for 37)
Canning (4 for 21)
Wilson ( 3 for 39)