• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

shaka

International Regular
ND now 196/5 Hart on 63 and H Marshall on 43.
The problem with picking Mason is the age factor, he is already 30, and probably wont last.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Well done Marshall, but people shouldn't get carried away and suggest he deserves to be in the test team after scoring his first FC century. Otherwise Cumming and Hart also deserve such promotion. No player should play test cricket before achieving scores consistently above 50 in FC cricket.

Good to see a few centuries being scored though. Where are they playing? Must be a bit of a flat track. Surprising how CD fell apart then.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
suggest the collapses are mental more than anything. With more people scoring hundreds it will give greater belief to other teams hence hopefully lifting the standard. If you can score consistently well on NZ's seaming wet pitches then you should be setting yourself a good platform. Wonder when they will introduce virtual training. Anyone read about that?

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Unaware how many overs left in ND v.s. CD but it looks like a very good match with ND needing about 75 with four wickets in hand

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Very pleasing to see just about 2 centuries scored in every match so far.

In the case of the N.D/C.D match there were 4, so that's great.

Looks like N.D might have missed out but they at least gave it a good shot.

shaka

International Regular
ND have won by 1 wicket, Butler hit the winning four, he finished on 16* and Yovich on 53*. 400 runs in the fourth innings!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't realise it was that close...the last time I checked they were still going at 7 pm!

Good to see some tight games going on.

shaka

International Regular
I think it finished after 6. Nice to see Butler doing a good job at supporting his partner. This has probably shown the reason as to why Yovich was placed ahead of Watling in the team.

bryce

International Regular
man what a finish! i listened to every ball on radio sport from when they needed 25 runs to win with one wicket left and i don't think i have any nails left lol, just the thing that ND needed to get their season on track.

shaka

International Regular
bryce said:
man what a finish! i listened to every ball on radio sport from when they needed 25 runs to win with one wicket left and i don't think i have any nails left lol, just the thing that ND needed to get their season on track.
I did the exact same thing, very exciting finish. It was scary as it was beginning to rain before the final over they needed, ND would have done anything to stay on and complete a historic victory. Is it the highest fourth innings to win in NZ domestic?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's back into the One-Dayers now so we'll have to wait a couple of months for the State Championship to resume. But seeing as Marshall has now taken that monkey off his back he might suddenly hit a few more centuries...who knows.

The amount of centuries scored so far after 2 rounds must surely be a record for NZ Cricket. A few seasons ago barely 4 centuries were made over the entire season, now after just 2 rounds of the 2004/2005 season that's at least been doubled!

bryce

International Regular
shaka said:
Is it the highest fourth innings to win in NZ domestic?
it is fourth on the list of highest winning 4th innings chases in NZ domestic cricket, the top three are,

475/4 - Wellington V Canterbury, Jade Stadium 1994/95
473/6 - Canterbury v Auckland, Jade Stadium 1930/31
453/8 - Northern Districts v Wellington, Basin Reserve 1995/96

Tim said:
The amount of centuries scored so far after 2 rounds must surely be a record for NZ Cricket. A few seasons ago barely 4 centuries were made over the entire season, now after just 2 rounds of the 2004/2005 season that's at least been doubled!
i'm not sure about the record for centuries for the whole competition in a single season, but the 2001/02 Auckland side hold the record for most centuries by an individual province in a season with 11.

anzac

International Debutant
Kent said:
He always has a passionate opinion about something, with Richardson, Snedden and Bracewell among his pet hates it seems. He's eternally optimistic that we can play test cricket like Australia, but his campaign about Rigor being the root of all evil is ridiculous IMO.

what's the theory re Rigor?????????????

anzac

International Debutant
great to see ND show some spirit & obtain a well deserved win................

also v pleased to see H Marshall top score with his maiden 1st-class ton.......just a note of caution that it was on a fairly placid pitch & against a seam attack - not a typical low/slow NZL seamer & slow bowlers.............

plenty of runs being scored & the bowlers having to work for their money.............