• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That's really disappointing..it's a belter here today in Auckland.
I don't believe there are reserve days.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
According to yahoo.co.nz, the Wellington weather should only be overcast with a bit of sun.

Although..you can never really trust those scientists at the met station.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, its so annoying that the only low over the country happens to be hanging over Wellington.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
lol we have had like a week of perfect weather .. and then when the cricket comes we get 1 crappy day!!!

ass

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
MoxPearl said:
lol we have had like a week of perfect weather .. and then when the cricket comes we get 1 crappy day!!!

ass

I rekon.. it is frustrasting. What part of Wellington are you from.. How close to the stadium?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
We're still an hour away from the start of play...is there any chance that the weather could be clearing?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
We might have to get used to Sideshow Bob. He seems to be a Bracewell favourite and Oram is out for the season now. Terrible news for Black Caps fans but probably good news for him and Jeff Wilson
Oram out for the season?

Ouch - that's a real blow - but is Mills really the ideal replacement, or does this mean Styris get's another chance?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
well at the moment im up at raumati beach on the kapiti coast..

its not raining here.. but it has been earlier in the morning.. heavy as cloud thou..

the funny thing is.. its suppose to either tommorow/next day be all sunny and perfect again!

And im guessing since u say "P Town" u live in porirua :P

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills at #7 for NZ could be a huge punt...but if you look at his FC stats, it appears that perhaps he could do the job there.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Oram out for the season?

Ouch - that's a real blow - but is Mills really the ideal replacement, or does this mean Styris get's another chance?
They need to bring in a genuine seemer to replace him. I would suggest it would be between Wilson and Mills

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Tim said:
Mills at #7 for NZ could be a huge punt...but if you look at his FC stats, it appears that perhaps he could do the job there.
They would just bump McCullum and Vettori up a place and he would bat following them

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard Rash said:
They need to bring in a genuine seemer to replace him. I would suggest it would be between Wilson and Mills
Of course the ideal would be Bond returns to full fitness! ;)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
IIRC the last 2 ODI's at the Cake Tin have produced a huge number of sixes..let's hope things get under way so the money can count up.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Of course the ideal would be Bond returns to full fitness! ;)
Yes indeed.. Speaking of Bond he obviously didn't play club cricket on Saturday because I saw him on tv at the Black Caps game with Richard Sherlock.. does anyone know why he wasn't playing?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The chances of Bond playing test cricket in the next year or so are almost 0. I think he'll definately be struggling to make the ODI series v Australia as well.

I think he should just pace himself and comeback when he feels ready. We'd desperately like to have him for the Aus series..but if it's not realistic then he should hold back.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Tim said:
IIRC the last 2 ODI's at the Cake Tin have produced a huge number of sixes..let's hope things get under way so the money can count up.
Yes 300 played 300 when the BC's took on Pakistan. (Razzaq smashing 80 odd off 40 balls) and then in a 35 over match agaisnt South Africa 240 played 240 witch Pollock hitting four sixes in the last over to almost sneer an improbable victory