• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol Richardson is running against Nonu, Irene Van Dyk, Conrad Smith & Grant Keriama.

I'd have to back Ma'a Nonu.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i'd definately think that we're in for a delay...hopefully only 30 mins or so.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
I am amazed. It appears that we will start on time. Interesting comments from Frem regarding Scott Styris at the toss. Does anyone know what way the weather is coming from. I hope it's not the north because it's still raining where i live

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, i don't agree with the dropping of Styris to 12th man...we desperately need him to start finding some form. And the best way to do that is out in the middle against good opposition.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a shame because again he looked like carving up.

Still, batsmen like Sinclair & Marshall need some time in the middle, so hopefully they respond today.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Bit of a shame because again he looked like carving up.

Still, batsmen like Sinclair & Marshall need some time in the middle, so hopefully they respond today.
Mcmillan too. Hopefully he'll perform and be able to give him some chance of getting a match against the Aussies.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not convinced though that McMillan should have been back straight away. The selectors told him to go back to domestic cricket for awhile & perform (to his credit he has). But I don't think he's been away long enough.

They were better off selecting someone like Peter Fulton, much like they did with Wilson so that he can face a quality side without worrying about stats & rankings.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ seem to have the intent of going after anything loose. Sinclair is edging quite a bit though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be Astle's day today...not really hitting it as cleanly as Fleming was the other day. Could be in for 280+ if Astle stays in with support from Cairns, McMillan, McCullum & Wilson.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
We're in for a ripper of a game today..pitch looks great & Astle smokes Klusener for a huge 6.