• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Fiery

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
He's got alot of pressure on him. He's bowling the first over of a series-deciding match, he's out of form, struggling to keep his place in the side and he has to do well because there is only 3 good 10 over bowlers (Cairns, Mills, Tuffey) playing for NZ.

Cut him some slack guys.
No excuse for all the no-balls really. I've seen better opening overs in my nephews under 7s cricket. He should be able to at least sort out his run up. Embarrassing 1st over, not worthy of the Australians.

Loony BoB

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
He's in bad form.

Ooh, Tuffey just bowled a beaut to Gilly.
I repeat what I said earlier - if this is how he's going to play, he shouldn't be playing. I hope he makes up for that first over...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look at where Tuffey starts his run-up from - it's hardly ever from the same position.

No wonder he's bowling no-balls.

That's a lower grade mistake not international level.

Fiery

Banned
Cairns on now. Good move by Fleming to give Tuffey one more over after his opening shocker so as not to destroy his confidence completely then give him a rest to recompose himself. He has to get 10 overs out of him somehow and bowling to Gilly in his form could have been disastrous.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Fiery said:
Cairns on now. Good move by Fleming to give Tuffey one more over after his opening shocker so as not to destroy his confidence completely then give him a rest to recompose himself. He has to get 10 overs out of him somehow and bowling to Gilly in his form could have been disastrous.
Might end up with Tuffey not bowling 10, Macca and Astle picking up the bulk of a 20-over split. That is, it Tuffey doesn't clean up his act. Better part time bowlers getting hit for 7 an over than full time bowlers getting hit for 10.

stevo22

Cricket Spectator
BlackCap_Fan said:
He's got alot of pressure on him. He's bowling the first over of a series-deciding match, he's out of form, struggling to keep his place in the side and he has to do well because there is only 3 good 10 over bowlers (Cairns, Mills, Tuffey) playing for NZ.

Cut him some slack guys.
What about vettori?
As for tuffey's first over - wtf!!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great job by Cairns and Mills to peg the Run Rate back to 6.50. Not a great RR to have the Aussies hitting at, but a lot more realistic now that they pegged them back for a couple of overs. Good to have bowlers who can step up when others are failing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BlackCap_Fan said:
he has to do well because there is only 3 good 10 over bowlers (Cairns, Mills, Tuffey) playing for NZ.
Did I not say that going with 5 including Astle was risky?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
this is painfull to watch :(

ill declare it game over already

nice going aussie. u were the far better team on the day.. and u had sane selectors.. good job.. hopefully this will show the selectors that tuffy is not up to ODI cricket and will be replaced.