• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scallywag said:
Why is it important for the US and/or China to play cricket.
i dont know much about america, but i know that if it takes off here in china and the government starts to back it theyll be competing extremely well within a matter of years. look at how they rose in the olympics, theyre now in the top three or so medal earners after being pretty crap a number of years ago. because the government pushed it. if that happened with cricket, it could only help the sport, and having the worlds most populous nation getting into it wouldnt hurt, either.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I should probably add that if the pitch does a bit it would in a way help the game, because then you'd have to play more genuine cricket shots or you'd be bowled out for double digits.
So long as the pitches aren't complete roads, bowlers have a chance - it just needs a lot of ability and cunning to be able to cause problems.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
the weather today in wellington is *PERFECT*

i got home this morning after being on the **** for 10 hours straight at 6am.. well i stumbled home..
I had a dream that australia got 375 runs and they batted first.. it better not happen! :P

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
lol

I can see the stadium from my house.. i really want to go!.. but im so hungover.. its not gonna happen :(

Crowd does not seem that big so far.. althou they pre sold about 2/3rd or the seats :o

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
MoxPearl said:
the weather today in wellington is *PERFECT*

i got home this morning after being on the **** for 10 hours straight at 6am.. well i stumbled home..
I had a dream that australia got 375 runs and they batted first.. it better not happen! :P
375?! Certainly a wierd dream, although Australia have won the toss and are batting first, and the pitch at Wellington looks a good surface.

Blaze

Banned
Very dissapointing to see Wilson not playing. Why don't they drop Sinclair and free up another bowling option by bringing Wilson in. Sinclair hits fielders not gaps. He is not a one day player. I can't help but feel that the twenty20 match was a factor in not selecting Wilson which is very unfair.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't disagree with that, I was certainly expecting one of McMillan or Sinclair to miss out. I also tend to agree that Wilson's poor bowling display in the Twenty20 match was a deciding factor in his omission but there's no denying that he struggled at Eden Park.

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
I don't think a Twenty20 game proves anything.
He didn't resort to heaving at every ball like Clarke and Symonds. It confirmed for me how good he is at any form of cricket. It was his first 20/20 game and he play a perfect innings for the format.

v800

Cricket Spectator
age_master said:
hayden looking a little better than last time i saw him, hopefully he will play a long innings today
yeah it would be good if Hayden could stay in for a while and make some runs, If he goes it would be good for his game

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
He looks in decent touch at the moment, 18 runs for Hayden already. Australia recovering well after losing Gilchrist.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was going to post something really positive about Hayden's innings, but I don't want to jinx him so I won't. As I type one goes in the air over gully!