• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today is a good day.... now I just have to find excuses to stay at my desk and 'work' rather than go into the lab.....

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The thing is, she doesn't even need to create a narrative.

"Testing Times for South Africa"
Pretty much sums it up.

If she wants to get more controversial:
"How Far has South Africa Fallen?"

or something some such.

We already have a compelling narrative without talking bull****.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I might just give up on cricket if Steyn gets injured again this series. It's been a depressingly familiar routine.

Marius

International Debutant
Firdose is crap writer.... she just makes things up as she goes along. Alot of what she says is to try make additional controversy in SA.
She's creating her own narrative. A sure sign of terrible journalism.
My cousin is also a journalist and used to work with her, and says along with being a rubbish journalist, she's also not a nice person.

Antoinette Muller reckons she got the Cricinfo gig because of her husband.

Shady Slim

International Coach
see there are six players of colour all picked on merit

can't wait for firdose to call this a win for quotas even though they're all there on merit so the quotas don't matter

91Jmay

International Coach
Did he mean just Tests? Because think it is a very fair argument if you are taking all formats into account. Kohli is at least close to Root/Williamson/Smith in Tests. The others aren't near him in white ball cricket.

Marius

International Debutant
Firdose is crap writer.... she just makes things up as she goes along. Alot of what she says is to try make additional controversy in SA.
see there are six players of colour all picked on merit

can't wait for firdose to call this a win for quotas even though they're all there on merit so the quotas don't matter
Would rather have had Van Zyl than Duminy but overall, solid XI.