• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowled at a time when the pitch was holding a bit and England were just looking to knock it around. He was solid but hard to make any real judgement.
I thought he bowled well to the conditions. Bowled very flat,to his field, made them hit to the areas he wanted them to. Definitely looks like he can do a job in India- not 10 overs, but 4-5 if conditions suit

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I don't think England should be too discouraged , sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say the opposition was just too good. To chase down 290 odd with just 2 wickets lost is insane . Congrats NZ ..
Conway & Mitchell is going to be a problem for teams at the CWC

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Mitchell 3rd hundred in last 5 ODI who put on 180* with Conway They Equal with Best 3rd wkt stand of

Rossco/ Guptill (180)vs SA at Hamilton

Adam Parore /k. Rutherford(180) vs india at Vadodra, gujarat.

Ramdin (169) & Darren Bravo's stand 258 was the best 3rd wkt stand in history of ODi

Cong nz for 1/0 with 8 wkt win 26 ball spares

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Unfortunately I have, it's one of my great bugbears in life.

There is no excuse, however, in a non-profit like NZC who have obligations to stakeholders not shareholders.

I agree with you mostly...although I would say the thing that incentivizes long-term vision is authentic love of the game and the willingness/desire to serve the game over a longer period of time. Yes, you're right - there's nothing extrinsically that does that, particularly. But intrinsically, there is no reason the right person can't balance the here and now + running a sustainable product for 2023 and thereabouts, plus thinking 'where will this game be in 40-50 years when whole generations are gone? Where do we want it?' It can still inform decisions.
I totally agree that's what I'd like to see, I'm just cynical about whether those custodians with longer term vision have a place in current organisational structures - can see them being edged out

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Awesome result, Conway and Mitchell are absolute treaures. If Ferguson can find some form and we finally give up on Nicholls this is a very reasonable team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I totally agree that's what I'd like to see, I'm just cynical about whether those custodians with longer term vision have a place in current organisational structures - can see them being edged out
As you should be cynical, as that's all you've ever seen. Sucking up to India for the short term $ , and judging on their YouTube channel and what I hear, going super woke rather than focusing on the bigger picture

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from Jamieson & Mediocr-outhee stinking up the joint with the ball, an excellent performance from NZ,

Loving Young at the top, looked a class act as he did against Pakistan.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from Jamieson & Mediocr-outhee stinking up the joint with the ball, an excellent performance from NZ,

Loving Young at the top, looked a class act as he did against Pakistan.
Shame that shipley got injured in the lead-up to this series. Doubt he makes a first-choice team (boult, fergo, henry would be my 3 frontline pacers), but he 100% plays ahead of K.J and may have been able to leapfrog southee and fergo depending on how he went. Doesn't look like shipley is in the bangladesh squad either, so i'de assume he's not gonna make the WC unless Fergo continues to stink up the place at the back end of this series and the BANG series. It's a huge shame aswell. Shipley's ability to take middle-over wickets later on in that pak ODI series was impressive, something New Zealand lack with fergo struggling for form. Plus his batting is handy, even if it hasn't shown at international level yet.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yeah ferg def also has a lot more credit in the odi bank than milne does so he has that going for him too, even with his recent form. Milne has never been a wicket taker in the ODI format. Lets see what he can do in the next 4 weeks. Also, wouldn't milne these days be clashing with boult and henry for the new ball? Its his ability to swing the new ball recently that's been getting him wickets. Not sure if we wanna lose his control and movement at that pace by throwing him to first change?

Keeping that in mind Lockie also swung the ball a bit against india and pak on away tours earlier in the year when he opened the bowling. But not to the degree of Milne...

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'de completely forgotten milne exists. He definitely needs a run in these last three games, locky can play the bang ODI's.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah ferg def also has a lot more credit in the odi bank than milne does so he has that going for him too, even with his recent form. Milne has never been a wicket taker in the ODI format. Lets see what he can do in the next 4 weeks. Also, wouldn't milne these days be clashing with boult and henry for the new ball? Its his ability to swing the new ball recently that's been getting him wickets. Not sure if we wanna lose his control and movement at that pace by throwing him to first change?

Keeping that in mind Lockie also swung the ball a bit against india and pak on away tours earlier in the year when he opened the bowling. But not to the degree of Milne...
It's not just recent form for Ferguson, he's averaged 51 in 18 ODIs since the 2019 World Cup.