• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batting was fine I thought but Willey,Topley and Woakes really don't cut it compared to other new ball attacks. No Plunkett to control the damage in the middle overs either. Nobody has looked remotely like taking a wicket in 20 overs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed, although this team probably only has 6 first choice players.
Do you reckon? Obviously Bairstow comes back in. I think Roy vs Malan is 50/50. Probably Wood and possibly Curran. Maybe Moeen, although he doesn't convince me. I suppose those blokes could provide another 5, but it's all a bit meh apart from Bairstow and Wood.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS we've been the best ODI side because our batting out-performs an average bowling team, it's been the way, they need to be outstanding they weren't today.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lets be kind and assume that Rashid isn't 100% fit. Apart from that first delivery, he's been pretty grim again.

And England have been comprehensively outplayed again. NZ miles superior in every department.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel like a fairly high proportion of my time watching cricket over the last couple of years has been Mitchell making runs against England.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Slightly harsh. He was good the first three overs before his cramp.
Do you reckon? tbf I'd forgotten.

EDIT
Yeah, fair enough. 1 for 12 off his first 3. Since then, 5 wicketless over for 58. If he isn't fit, he shouldn't be bowling, especially when Livingstone was doing a reasonable job.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeesh this is a battering. Not very close to our WC bowling attack, but Rashid getting murked on a pitch where spin has been successful is a worry tstl.