• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That penultimate delivery the prank commentator said 'well bowled' to, was actually nicely in the slot to hammer. Munro just confused himself for some reason. Still good knock from him.

thierry henry

International Coach
lol at that last ball. Bowls a pie from a metre behind the crease, Munro plays a ludicrous shot and the keeper pulls off an exaggerated dive and drop

Last edited:
I particularly like it when CW's favourites in Ronchi, NMac and Munro put in useful performances.

That should be a winning first innings score.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Milne back and still hurrying batsmen up. If Henry keeps bowling gunge and Milne stays fit (har har) what chance of a callup for the Gabba?

I tend to think very little, as Milne doesn't really fit the current balance of the side. Southee and Boult are already strained to breaking point with their current workload, you don't really want to add a kid to the mix who'll struggle to get through 20 overs a day without snapping in half.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Incidentally, if you bat Manu in the right spot in the order that's what he can deliver. Don't ask him to come in at 4 when that's not his game. If they picked him to bat there in the ODIs with the hope we'd be 2 down at the powerplay, that's a tremendously big if. And if they picked him because they think he's a four, then I'm not sure they've watched hard enough. All it gives him is a muddled head.

No doubt he's out when Anderson is fit but for god's sake use him properly when you do.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Too much risk of a collapse if Hesson bunched the I'm not very adaptable brigade together in a row from 5-7 I think. He's been burnt doing that before.

If Rob Nicol can score tons up the top in Zimbabwe, it's not that hard.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Too much risk of a collapse if Hesson bunched the I'm not very adaptable brigade together in a row from 5-7 I think. He's been burnt doing that before.

If Rob Nicol can score tons up the top in Zimbabwe, it's not that hard.
It's not hard, but I fail to see the point in playing a guy at 4 who you'd never want to bat there against a major nation. They keep picking him so they see value in him, and I'd hope they see that value at 6-7, where they should bat him. Otherwise you're picking him, wanting him to advance, but batting him in a spot that doesn't suit then presumably dropping him when he doesn't score runs. Like the Neesham to open experiment.

The days of Luke Ronchi are coming to an end too. Not an above average keeper and not particularly smart with the bat. The pull straight to deep mid wicket (that was dropped) is indicative of the way he bats early in his innings and resultingly has seen him get out cheaply a hell of a lot lately.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think they arrived with the idea of wanting to look at Munro at 4. I think they picked him in the squad primarily because Neesham was the player under the biggest injury cloud. Then the fact Hesson had said giving Latham a good settled run as opener was one of his plans for the tour.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The days of Luke Ronchi are coming to an end too. Not an above average keeper and not particularly smart with the bat. The pull straight to deep mid wicket (that was dropped) is indicative of the way he bats early in his innings and resultingly has seen him get out cheaply a hell of a lot lately.
Not just lately itbt; Cribb can tell you about Ronchi's travails as a really dodgy starter throughout his Australian domestic career. But, rocks or diamonds is one of McCullum's favourite press conference mantras, it could be one of Hesson's too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Ronchi always had a rep of someone you just needed to make sure you bowled well too early and didn't drop. He'd punish you if you failed on either of those counts, but he batted the same whether he was on 0 or 70 for predictably quite different results. He's improved in this regard a lot since moving back to NZ - he at least tries to get himself set sometimes now - but his first few balls are still the weakest part of his game.