• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

sportychic33

State 12th Man
lol . .yeah i know they are men. but yeah a women commentator wouldn't be too bad if she knew what she was talking about. - that's why i'll never commentate :D 8-)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sportychic33 said:
lol . .yeah i know they are men. but yeah a women commentator wouldn't be too bad if she knew what she was talking about. - that's why i'll never commentate :D 8-)
Yeah but this one doesn't. All she ever says is "that's exactly what they wanted".

Zinzan

sportychic33 said:
TBH Her biggest failing is that she thinks she is talking to an audience that knows absolutely nothing about cricket......its kind of cricket 101 talk....whereas in reality most of us watching know much more than her.

Its just the latest example of P.C gone mad !!

sportychic33

State 12th Man
yeah we were all watching it when she was commentating and my mum who has no interest in cricket was saying "duh, even i know that"

Zinzan

sportychic33 said:
yeah we were all watching it when she was commentating and my mum who has no interest in cricket was saying "duh, even i know that"
After hearing her first stint, I muted the T.V and flicked the radio whenever she came on after that

Linda

International Vice-Captain
A mate I used to go to the cricket with was like this woman... it'd be 0/145 and she'd go "Wow, we need a wicket here".

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James said:
With an average of 17.51 and recent scores of 15, 15, 24, 2, 0, 36, 5, 14, 35, 11 at an average of 15.70 is this enough to keep him in the team? If he can't bowl it isn't enough for me. Bring in James Marshall.
How can he have such a good Test batting record then such a bad ODI one?!

Langeveldt

Soutie
2-0 lalalala!

The bar I was in erupted last night when we won and I don't think anyone thought 202 was sufficient! We also had dancing girls on stage giving out merchandise which was good and lots of merriment..

Can't wait till the match tomorrow and am getting a lot of gloating in now before it all turns to kak and we lose 2-3!

James

Cricket Web Owner
marc71178 said:
How can he have such a good Test batting record then such a bad ODI one?!
No idea really Marc, however even in domestic one-day cricket he only averages 22.89 with the bat so that tells you something. While in First Class cricket he averages 38.

His most recent domestic one-day scores:

15, 24, 2, 7, 17, 0, 36, 5, 14, 35. [15.50]

Based off his record you'd have to ask the selection panel what they seem in him in regard to ODI cricket :wacko:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
WHAT? RSA won? Wow. I had given up watching the match for good around the 26th over mark, they were only 80 odd away from the target with 5 or 6 wkts in hand. Chasing under lights is TOUGH over there, isn't it?

jot1

State Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
Yep......the token women commentator. Isn't there some womens cricket she can report on !!! She should be locked away in commetators jail along with wetfish Gavin Larsen and Danny Morrison.
Ah! C'mon guys. Give us ladies a chance. :) Kass Naidoo is a bit irritating, but she'll learn. :p A lot of the male commentators are just as irritating. :dry: I've even heard the great Richie Benaud state very obvious things during his commentating. :p With television it's difficult to find things to say, as you know everyone is seeing what you're seeing, so you know it's all obvious. Yet you are paid to talk about the match, ball for ball, all the time. TV commentating is much harder than it seems. :D
Go Saffies! NZ's batting was nearly as pathetic as ours. Their bowling was just as good as ours, though. But for two dodgie decisions, I think we would have been the ones crying. Love it when the umpires win games for us! :D :D :ph34r:

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm amazed Oram manages to have a respectable test match average.

His footwork last night was terrible,even for such a big person.

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
jot1 said:
Ah! C'mon guys. Give us ladies a chance. :) Kass Naidoo is a bit irritating, but she'll learn. :p A lot of the male commentators are just as irritating. :dry: I've even heard the great Richie Benaud state very obvious things during his commentating. :p With television it's difficult to find things to say, as you know everyone is seeing what you're seeing, so you know it's all obvious. Yet you are paid to talk about the match, ball for ball, all the time. TV commentating is much harder than it seems. :D
Go Saffies! NZ's batting was nearly as pathetic as ours. Their bowling was just as good as ours, though. But for two dodgie decisions, I think we would have been the ones crying. Love it when the umpires win games for us! :D :D :ph34r:
I am All for more women ..... :p Even in cricket ...... Kass you go Girl ! :cool:

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
In fact I think Kass is kinda cute...... I have never dated a Female Cricket player/fan before ..... I think it would be quite interesting

Hey Baby..... Is the wicket "bone dry" a "little moist" today :) I can go on but may Iam getting carried away..... :D

greg

International Debutant
Is she the one who was presenting the match awards during the Safrica/England series? I thought she was quite good at that ;)

greg

International Debutant
sportychic33 said:
though i will say that oram's footwork last night was pretty shocking, - well actually it was pretty non existent which was not what we normally see from him. if he moved his feet more he would have been able to play / select better shots which would have kept the score moving.
I did wonder what people were talking about a month ago when they said Oram was a better batsman than Flintoff.

We certainly didn't see much to suggest that in England and if yesterday's game was anything to go by...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bit harsh on Kass Naidoo, I reckon she's alright.

Anyway, if you guys don't like people stating the obvious then I won't.....

Other than saying NZ have to win the next one :ph34r: