• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Natman20

International Debutant
I will be very disappointed if New Zealand lose this now. Its theres for the taking but they seem to be making it harder for themselves

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Natman20 said:
With that wicket I think New Zealand are now going to get beaten. What a pathetic
Well, Lou Vincent has just made up his mind that his opinion of his team-mates is about the same as yours

PY

International Coach
With Vincent there and Vettori still in, there's a fair chance. 66 isn't that much and the run-rate is far from taxing if they're sensible.

Natman20

International Debutant
I can't believe how badly New Zealand have thrown this match away. I am very annoyed, this target should not be a problem for New Zealand. Its going to be hard for New Zealand to win this series now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
That was an awful decision.
I agree, but when I saw/heard it live, I thought it was nailed-on certain. Only when it was slowed down did you see the bat hit his boot to create the second noise.

Blaze

Banned
luckyeddie said:
I agree, but when I saw/heard it live, I thought it was nailed-on certain. Only when it was slowed down did you see the bat hit his boot to create the second noise.

The McCullum one was dubious as well. Anyhow we have stuffed this up on our own. I am sure if the umpires hadn't have helped us out we still would have managed to throw away our wickets.

Vincent batted superbly but his innings would have meant so much more if he had have carried us to victory.

We are still a chance with Mills and Adams to come but it's about 70/30 to SA.

open365

International Vice-Captain
looking at Vincent tongihts,it amazes me that he only averages 25,and with a 172 aswell.

Natman20

International Debutant
open365 said:
looking at Vincent tongihts,it amazes me that he only averages 25,and with a 172 aswell.
A typical inconsistent New Zealand batsman :D
Hes good on his day but that doesnt happen often

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Thrown it away.

Looking back I think the likes of McMillan and Oram didn't play positvely enough, set the tone for the rest of the innings.