• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
New Zealand could probably excuse away this tour.
  • Barely got into the country after playing a WT20 final
  • Lost a South African player during said tourney
  • Didn't get any practice match
  • Lost the toss
  • Didn't select the other South African
  • Lost their captain (who isn't much good with the bat tbf)
  • Lost the toss again
  • Didn't pick the South African again (this is however their fault)
As an Indian fan, I certainly feel a bit shortchanged. India were without some players as well, but its home and we should thump all comers regardless.

A 1-0 defeat in these circumstances is not a bad result for NZ.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rachin's dad may have named him after his heroes in Sachin and Dravid but its obvious whom Rachin's hero is - #8 SLA allrounder with darty speed and bowling noballs.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
All NZ needs is to find a decent 2nd spinner vs Pak/UAE tour.. Coz that series will be critical & probably KO for a WTC final spot. Santner atm looks safe bet. I don't know if NZ will favor UAE or Pak as venue but Karachi is a rank Turner & Rawalpindi suits pacers. UAE is slow n low.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Hugely important innings for a lot of players: 2 out of form veterans in Taylor and Nicholls, and 4 players trying to establish themselves in Young, Mitchell, Blundell, and Ravindra.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Says a lot about NZ’s batting this tour that I was just thinking about how insanely aggressive this pair are batting only to look down at the scorecard and realising NZ are still going at less than 3rpo.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
All I want to see this NZ innings is for the batters, especially Mitchell, Rachin and Blundell, to play with a bit of #intent. Not blind slogs, just make an attempt to find the right balance of measured risk and proactivity that would help for future tours, seeing as this one is done. Like Young did in the first match and as many of the Indian batters did too. Taylor should as well, because there's nothing to lose.
Getting my wish from this pair. Great watching right now - wicket no doubt just round the corner but so far the proactive approach working.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Who was it that said this umpire would have seen inside edge but concluded pad first for the Virat decision in the first innings :laugh:

This guy is having a shocking game as an umpire.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Having off spinners vs Indian right hand heavy line up is a futile exercise... That too when he doesn't has the revs of a Moeen Ali or overspin of Lyon.
Indian batsman are more likely to struggle vs Ashton Agar & Santner type SLAO than Dom Bess or Somerville. Just a terrible call by picking him over Wagner.
Of course, Wagner would have been a better pick. But I am just saying in general when spinners try to overdo things against the SC batsmen when they are still developing their game. Someone like Lyon can try whatever the hell he wants since he is experienced enough, but guys with less experience should keep it simple.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ash m issed getting Ross like this in the WTC final in the second innings. :( If that had happened, the chase could have been a lot closer than it ended up being.