• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But like previous offie Mark Craig, people will look at his stats and forget the victories.

I was thinking of doing an analysis a couple of days ago of tests won because of Craig's bowling vs. tests won because of Vettori's. Pretty close I reckon. Just a bit feast or famine with Craig's bowling, but a handy batsman too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, feel gutted for sommers even though I was fuming about his selection. Had an epic role in NZ’s only test series win in the subcontinent in the past 50 years.
Yes a bridge too far - 37 yr old part time cricketer who didn't do much last domestic season and had no cricket coming into this series. I thought of him as 70-80% the bowler Ajaz is, which was probably true back on those UAE and SL tours but is no longer anywhere near that.

Ultimately just tells us how much we do not have a #2 spinner right now.

Last edited:

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kohli will likely retire with an average below 50 as would Williamson if he didn't duck from away test matches behind that elbow that magically heals every IPL.

Neither will get classified as an ATG

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Looking at watching how Rachin has bowled today I think we were stupid to not have used him way more. Perhaps he may not have been in good health early on but should have used him in the last test match lot more.

I think he's over 6 foot? Gets good bounce. Hard to use feet against him.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our spinners used to all be bunnies, and now we have a conveyor belt of spin bowling ARs.
I mean Kumble and Harbhajan both have Test match 100's, so it's not that big of a leap (I'm assuming the spinners as bunnies meme was more of a 70's thing?)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean Kumble and Harbhajan both have Test match 100's, so it's not that big of a leap (I'm assuming the spinners as bunnies meme was more of a 70's thing?)
Yeah I was more talking about the 70s and 80s even early 90s with Raju and Co. Kumble and harbhajan were OK but Ashwin Jadeja Axar Sundar are all legit all rounders. Its hugely valuable when the batting lineup sucks as much as it currently does.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We'd have rolled you for 120 both innings if we'd had Siraj. He's out bowled southee and the ogre combined here, imagine what he'd have done on pace bowler paradise kanpur if he'd played instead of ishant.
Has been immense for sure but the Somerville impact was what we were talking about. If the substitute player for him came in, then we probably wouldn't need to play for the draw