• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I think spinners from SENA should come to India and just bowl tight lines instead of trying too many things. An odd variation here and there combined with tidy bowling will do the trick. SC batsmen are good at judging the flight, variations, etc. better to not give away easy runs and use the turn and natural variation to beat them. I am totally confused with Somerville's approach, what he is even trying? I am sure he has bowled in much tougher conditions for spinners at home.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have felt for a while that there is still hope for Pujara and Virat, especially Pujara if he bats positively like he did in the second half of the England tests and this innings. But Rahane is the one whose decline seems terminal.

And regarding the follow on, I dont mind this at all. Bat when the pitch is better to bat on.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, this should be one of the most legendary days in our test history, but it kinda has been tarnished.
Heh, one of your bowlers getting a 10-fer being followed up by your side making the lowest ever Test score in this country is textbook dichotomy.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Caught up with the wicket highlights - collapse not unexpected, a really helpful wicket for test-quality spinners of which NZ have one and India have multiple. Unexpected part was NZ losing the top to seam bowling - two best players of spin in this XI are the openers and they were gone before the spin challenge arrived. Siraj bouncy and energetic, he made a huge difference to India's attack. Taylor is so done. Can he have a soft 20th century at home against Bangladesh and then retire pls?

Lower order was never going to stand up after that and when the ball's turning like the one that took Rachin's edge, it's no surprise.

GG India.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I think spinners from SENA should come to India and just bowl tight lines instead of trying too many things. An odd variation here and there combined with tidy bowling will do the trick. SC batsmen are good at judging the flight, variations, etc. better to not give away easy runs and use the turn and natural variation to beat them. I am totally confused with Somerville's approach, what he is even trying? I am sure he has bowled in much tougher conditions for spinners at home.
Having off spinners vs Indian right hand heavy line up is a futile exercise... That too when he doesn't has the revs of a Moeen Ali or overspin of Lyon.
Indian batsman are more likely to struggle vs Ashton Agar & Santner type SLAO than Dom Bess or Somerville. Just a terrible call by picking him over Wagner.