• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardout, if i was a good batsmen in NZ with part time experience as a keeper i would be practicing day and night. People like Watling and even Broom we neeeeeed (If they magically got better at keeping).
Wouldn't require magic for Watling, just dedication & commitment. I think it was Ian Smith who remarked that Watling was the best 'mover' of all the NZ keepers outside McCullum on the few occasions he'd seen him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watling will struggle to get back in the side as a batsman alone is my point.

And what's with the sudden Papps love, always thought you were exclusively a one-man guy :-O Does Matthew know about this?

Mike5181

International Captain
Wouldn't require magic for Watling, just dedication & commitment. I think it was Ian Smith who remarked that Watling was the best 'mover' of all the NZ keepers outside McCullum on the few occasions he'd seen him.
Hmm yeah i actually do remember Smith saying that...and if he was to fill this role where would you put him in the batting order?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No game at Chennai, boys.. Will be a 4 match series.. Been raining non stop for 2 weeks and no signs of letting up this week either. Can't have a match and can't get our first view yet of the renovated Chepauk.. :(
BCCI in allotting match to Chennai in the rainy season shocker :dry:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BCCI in allotting match to Chennai in the rainy season shocker :dry:
Well.. It is stupid, no doubt but I think it rains lesser in december than October or November, so to an extent, it is kinda unexpected that we will have SUCH rain at this time of the year.. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is not that good, AFAIC.. Our city is realy not equipped to deal with this much rainfall.. We have always been a summer city, and that is how we should be. :(

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, My exam today was postponed to tomorrow and I just got the message that it's cancelled altogether and will be held later. My next exam is on Saturday which gives me plenty of time to manufacture Carbon dioxide.

So, It's the perfect weather for me. :D

BeeGee

International Captain
Man, if I was B J Watling, I'd chomping at the bit to get some wicket-keeping gloves on. If he proved to be half-decent with the gloves, he'd surely establish himself as a permanent fixture.
Agreed. On the odd occasion that I've seen him keep he certainly didn't look out of his depth and looked reasonably natural in that position.

What happened to McGlashan? I thought the original idea was that Hopkins would keep in tests and McGlashan would be the backup keeper in ODIs and T20. Did they just want to save the plane ticket?
I actually think McGlashan is a better keeper than Hopkins. And he has an ODI 50. And his list A average is 33 compared to Hopkins list A average of 24.

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Such a poor performance by kiwis. But i still cheer for them.
Blackcaps need help from psychologists or a motivational speaker to improve their confidence.
They have to deliever.
They have lost 9 odi games since their last win.
Cmon kiwi.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Agreed. On the odd occasion that I've seen him keep he certainly didn't look out of his depth and looked reasonably natural in that position.

What happened to McGlashan? I thought the original idea was that Hopkins would keep in tests and McGlashan would be the backup keeper in ODIs and T20. Did they just want to save the plane ticket?
I actually think McGlashan is a better keeper than Hopkins. And he has an ODI 50. And his list A average is 33 compared to Hopkins list A average of 24.
He's been injured afaik and at the moment isn't 100% though he is playing HRV cup. I agree though - McGlashan should be the guy in the limited overs.