• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And another good knock from Trescothick - thank God the selectors have more faith in him then people on here.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
And another good knock from Trescothick - thank God the selectors have more faith in him then people on here.
On the contrary - he's just a flat-track bully.

He only ever scores his runs on the easiest of tracks - Oval, Lord's, Headingley....

PY

International Coach
And Galle, Old Trafford, Lahore, Edgbasten, Trent Bridge, Dhaka, Brisbane, Wellington, Columbo.....I think you get the point.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
against one of the poorest NZ bowling attacks ive ever seen....if he scores anything more than 75 against australia in the ashes i will do a richard and eat my computer.

PY

International Coach
But he has already scored 3 fifties against arguably the greatest Test side of all time?!? (Australia 2001)

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Tuffey is obviously not 100% as we all been saying so why is he there ..
Oram only batting is not good enough.. he should NOT be playing
Martin should have either been replaced by mills or butler
Bond.. we really need him!
Veto.. good to see some type of form finally !:D

Its a pitty we are such a strong ODI team but we seem to have a habbit in test matches to just colapse

Andre

International Regular
tooextracool said:
against one of the poorest NZ bowling attacks ive ever seen....if he scores anything more than 75 against australia in the ashes i will do a richard and eat my computer.
You, my friend, are a clown. You've been made a complete fool of and you still don't see what is going on.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Sorry, but this isn't a flat track.

And I don't call Vettori's spell poor. And didn't Chris Maryin destroy South Afrcia recently?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
bad light stopped play .. AGAIN.. wtf is with your england weather :P

I guess that ground dont have lights ? cause they could turn them on.. but if they not on then i guess they dont have them :P

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:

I guess that ground dont have lights ? cause they could turn them on.. but if they not on then i guess they dont have them :P
is the light that bad?or did england just walk off when they had the advantage like they did against SA?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
is the light that bad?or did england just walk off when they had the advantage like they did against SA?
Well they had just lost Vaughan the light was gloomy but not that bad, you cant blame them for going off to protect Thrope as the ball was really causing Thorpe some problems for just the 3 balls he faced.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
If you hadn't noticed, it's damned dangerous, the balls are flying off a length, it's really gloomy, there's a new batsman and a no-hoper flat-track bully at the crease who is clearly out of his depth.

As far as proving you wrong, I don't need to - Trescothick has already done that perfectly adequately.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
MoxPearl said:

No test match stadium has lights installed in england. A few Counties have installed permanent lights but they are the smaller grounds.

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
If you hadn't noticed, it's damned dangerous, the balls are flying off a length, it's really gloomy, there's a new batsman and a no-hoper flat-track bully at the crease who is clearly out of his depth.
ive lost live telecast of the match for over half an hour now....but from what you say it does appear to be the right move

luckyeddie said:
As far as proving you wrong, I don't need to - Trescothick has already done that perfectly adequately.
if you are that confident of the NZ bowling.....

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
whats with the english commentators.. lol

that main presenter guy is good and level.. but everyone else seems to be so one eyed its not funny(especially the dude with the glasses)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
tooextracool said:
if you are that confident of the NZ bowling.....
Yup, I am.

Vettori bowled very well, and didn't Martin destroy SA?

I think you had better do a Richard and eat your computer, after all.