• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ANOTHER wasted opportunity! :wallbash: As Anderson fails to wait for what would've been an easy run-out if he'd just let someone get up to the stumps and underarmed it. Instead he shies and misses.

Two let-offs for Marshall.

JoeShmoe

Cricket Spectator
On these tracks/conditions Jimmy looks a world beater but as we saw in Oz and SL when it doen swing he can be fodder ..

Steulen

International Regular
Anderson turning in his customary first innings of a series fine performance. Will fall away after this.

Taylor off the mark with a 1st-ball 4. Won't be long before he's batting with McCullum, one feels.

Anderson's fielding not up to scratch, mind ;)

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Good to hear Coney back on the commentary front.
Though it is cringe worthy to hear him being asked about Taylor's origins and him having no idea. Shows how much he has been out of the loop.
Disappointed about our openers having no success this morning, oh well, i'm sure McCullum at 5 will save us (slight sarcasm intended).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ohhh I do hope that this test isn't rained out and Redmond gets to bat again.

This is going to hurt but, Marshall, please score some runs :(

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Don't really get Cricinfo commentary at times:
9.1 Anderson to Taylor, 1 run, on the legs, Taylor tees up a steer into midwicket from outside off
The shot was nothing like that, and they seem to make these simple errors all the time, almost as if they're watching a different game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't really get Cricinfo commentary at times:
Anderson to Taylor, 1 run, on the legs, Taylor tees up a steer into midwicket from outside off
The shot was nothing like that, and they seem to make these simple errors all the time, almost as if they're watching a different game.
It's appalling sometimes, really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two down and James Marshall still batting. :ph34r:
Only because he's been lucky and others haven't, obviously.

Anyway, encouraging to see Vaughan putting third-man in nice and early, hopefully that'll save some runs. Already cost a few via him not having one in from the start (as I always will under any conditions offering movement) but nipped in the bud unlike so often.

Taylor top-edges Broad to Collingwood. Terrible shot this time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Awful, awful innings from Taylor. He never looked like he wanted to be there. Supposedly New Zealand's best batsman. God help us. The last thing NZ need now is McCullum in FFS.

Steulen

International Regular
Taylor still in IPL mode.

Wonder what McCullum will do now. With Marshall for company, he'll probably try to hog the strike ;)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ouch 3 down, not watching but is it a case of good bowling or batsmen getting themselves out here?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ouch 3 down, not watching but is it a case of good bowling or batsmen getting themselves out here?
Redmond and How were undone by good bowling from Anderson. Taylor played one the worst innings you'll see in a long time though, and his dismissal typfied it.