• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm given the conditions probably a good toss to win for England.

By the way, when was the last time New Zealand had five right handers as their first five batsmen in a test match? Obviously first time this decade...

JoeShmoe

Cricket Spectator
Hmm given the conditions probably a good toss to win for England.

By the way, when was the last time New Zealand had five right handers as their first five batsmen in a test match? Obviously first time this decade...
Here's hoping Jimmy uses the conditions properly and doesnt bowl pies .. Vettori would have bowled first too

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely not any time during Fleming's career - and he didn't miss many games.

So if so, before my time.

Woodster

International Captain
Looks a good toss to win, conditions seem excellent for an on form Anderson and Sidebottom to severely examine these inexperienced Kiwis.

One hour 10 mins of play in the first session, can see England possibly picking up 3 wickets. McCullum in at 5 ? I think that'll encourage the English attack up to see him strolling out in that position, too high for my money.

99*

International Debutant
Honestly, the moment Sky (NZ) start a T20 montage I'm outta here and listening to the radio. Although I do like the motorsport one with the catchy tune. :happy:

Right- Bloody English Sky is showing highlights, argh! :@

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, what a waste of an evening, I've given up waiting and am going to sleep. :p Hopefully there will be some play today for all those that will continue waiting around!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this match will end a draw, the forecast for the south of England is for intermitent rain until Monday iirc.

Woodster

International Captain
Theres plenty of time for the weather forecast to change, they are not exactly known for their accuracy.

Woodster

International Captain
Just the nature of the weather in this country isn't easy to predict really. :laugh: Confounded stuff.
I'm not sure they just guess though! All the tip top technology they possess and they get it wrong more often than not. Perhaps guessing may be more accurate!