• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit earlier they showed Flynn's dismissal, that was the first time I'd seen it. I'm undecided about whether he deserves his place in the team, and since they've shown faith in him for this game I'd probably like to see him stay for the rest of the series, but that was extremely poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The last thing they need now is another Sinclair.

Flynn didn't deserve selection over several players, but now he's in he simply has to be given this series for my money.

Craig

World Traveller
Has McCullum ever made a hundred against a Test standard team? I know he has one each against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, but excluding them I can't think of any.

_Ed_

Has McCullum ever made a hundred against a Test standard team? I know he has one each against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, but excluding them I can't think of any.
Not yet. I know of at least four scores in the 90s though.

_Ed_

Damn Vettori, gave me a fright there. Looked away from the screen briefly to do some work (as I should, it's what they pay me for), then when I look back, Vettori is walking slowly looking solemn. Thought he was out! But it was just the end of the over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not yet. I know of at least four scores in the 90s though.
:huh: He's only made 3 in the 90s: said aforemioned 99; and the 96 and 97 at Lord's.

There's also 85 against England at Basin Reserve a couple of months ago, and 74 against West Indies at Eden Park, mind.

Never played India or Pakistan either. 8-) Fantastic scheduling from NZC that in 5 years they've not played one series against either.

Steulen

International Regular
Slow start to the day. Far less swing available today, it seems, although Sidebottom almost used that lack of swing to great effect against Oram.

Oh, and Atherton now saying Panesar showed yesterday why he should be an automatic selection no matter the conditions. Itstl. Even as an advocate of Plan B I would not go that far.

_Ed_

:Never played India or Pakistan either. 8-) Fantastic scheduling from NZC that in 5 years they've not played one series against either.
That's only partly NZC's fault though, there was an India series scheduled for the 2006-07 season but then it was "mutually agreed" that it wouldn't happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow start to the day. Far less swing available today, it seems, although Sidebottom almost used that lack of swing to great effect against Oram.
Not too surprising, given the ball is 60 overs old now. There is still a bit there, at least for Sidebottom. Anderson has been reasonably impressive with his lines so far, which is something.
Oh, and Atherton now saying Panesar showed yesterday why he should be an automatic selection no matter the conditions. Itstl. Even as an advocate of Plan B I would not go that far.
Ridiculous, obviously. Not the first nor the last to say that by a long chalk, of course, and they're all talking nonsense.

MSP won't be bowling any wicket-taking balls on this pitch for my money.

Here come the dark clouds. Bad-light to stop play in 5...4...3...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fantastic bowling from Sidebottom, Oram out! Strauss almost falls to the usual Lord's dropping spree, but we're still waiting for the first miss in the 63rd over of the match. Impressive.

99*

International Debutant
So what's up with the hill at one end of the ground? If it hits that is it four?

FFS Oram.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So what's up with the hill at one end of the ground? If it hits that is it four?
Nope, has to hit the wall at the top of the hill. That means something going very slowly as it reaches that will not be four when it would be on another ground.
FFS Oram.
Don't be too harsh, 'twas a superb delivery. And some good bowling before too, discouraging the swing by pitching repeatedly short, then getting it back up there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually, looking at that again it wasn't the greatest shot from Oram. The bat was turned towards leg as contact was made, and while it'd still probably have been edged with a straight bat, it might have been a thicker edge that went down.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Strauss scrambling to stop the ball hitting the helmet. It had already missed it by the time he got it though.

Too much short here, still.

99*

International Debutant
Nope, has to hit the wall at the top of the hill. That means something going very slowly as it reaches that will not be four when it would be on another ground.
ITSTL.

With Oram it was more frustration than anything else.