• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

layorz

Cricket Spectator
That was called no ball. Third umpire said no clear evidence to say above waist height. Seems wrong way round to me. Didnt England review it?

Agreed. i.imgur.com/mXZhOOU.jpg

Borderline at best, would think the call would go with umpire. Burden of proof should be to find conclusive evidence that it was below waist, shouldn't it? Certainly can't say %100 that ball in that shot is below his waist.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perfectly usual one these days though. At some point sides are going to learn how to consistently chase them down, or at least get close.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Agreed. i.imgur.com/mXZhOOU.jpg

Borderline at best, would think the call would go with umpire. Burden of proof should be to find conclusive evidence that it was below waist, shouldn't it? Certainly can't say %100 that ball in that shot is below his waist.
Is it when the ball would pass him that matters or when he hits it?

layorz

Cricket Spectator
Is it when the ball would pass him that matters or when he hits it?
I honestly don't know, but it looks like its going to smash into his right hip, doesn't it? Very borderline. I'd call either call unlucky to be honest. Both bowler and batter would have the right to wonder about it

Antihippy

International Debutant
England really need to go "Oi any blokes here want to get into the ODi side?"

"Yes...?"

"Then stay in these nets and bowl some yorkers."

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's baffling that there's been so few Yorkers, I'm fairly certain it's the only reason Jordan is picked anyway