• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Antihippy

International Debutant
Does Rashid bowl too slow at international level? He bowls round 48-50mph doesn't he?
Wouldn't be too bad in LO stuff, like that scottish spinner. Dunno about tests though where batsmen can just wait on it.

He just kinda reminds me of a really slow anil kumble.

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not sure I much like the structure of the NZ Batting order at present. I wonder if they should be giving Latham or even Watling some chances at opening and move McCullum back to 5. Gupitls got form and aggression enough on his own for good starts atm.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Not sure I much like the structure of the NZ Batting order at present. I wonder if they should be giving Latham or even Watling some chances at opening and move McCullum back to 5. Gupitls got form and aggression enough on his own for good starts atm.
Partly agree with this. Whether McCullum opens or bats at 5 he seems to have decided to play one way, and while you could argue it's been a mixed bag when he opens he's taken a lot of pressure off Guptill and KW even with his quick 30's. However, for someone like Latham who has to contend with long lay-offs between test series, getting to open regularly against international bowlers should be beneficial to his allround development at a batsman. (Also BJ Watling is a criminally underrated one-day player by the management at least. Thinking back to Anderson and Ronchi's dismissals in that WC final you feel he'd be an asset in such situations.)

Last edited:

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Partly agree with this. Whether McCullum opens or bats at 5 he seems to have decided to play one way, and while you could argue it's been a mixed bag when he opens he's taken a lot of pressure off Guptill and KW even with his quick 30's. However, for someone like Latham who has to contend with long lay-offs between test series, getting to open regularly against international bowlers should be beneficial to his allround development at a batsman. (Also BJ Watling is a criminally underrated one-day player by the management at least. Thinking back to Anderson and Ronchi's dismissals in that WC final you feel he'd be an asset in such situations.)
I know why they like Ronchi for the team but I really think Watling is capable of tonking it about if he has to, while also having other dimensions to his game. His continued exclusion is a little confusing. Is he even officially in the squad for this series?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Wow. What a way to go. Rank full-toss that's just below waist height. Harsh. Maybe we should call him back and let him off? He is in the 90's after all.........:ph34r: