• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Howsie

International Captain
Well- and maybe I can be accused of circular logic here- I didn't think he was very effective, and I think his pace had something to do with it.

How is there "little point" in bowling faster though, isn't there always a point in bowling faster? 130kph swing is good but 150kph swing is better, etc. It's not like Boult stops swinging it at 140kph, swinging it at speed is his natural method when on song.
Yeah agree with this. If you can swing the ball at 140+ bowl at 140+. Boult was poor yesterday, was really disappointed with him. Southee much the same too although I thought his first spell was excellent.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Likely a bit more cloud around today than yesterday. But a bit warmer.

It's not going to be a grey sky hooping ball day though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty dubious about our batting now it's time. Really needed to keep the bath spurners under 300 in case we have an implosion to get out of our system. We might need Watling and the engine room today.
Well that horse has already bolted fella.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looking for volunteers to join myself and Shady Slim on CW commentary in 30 mins. VM me your skype name if interested.

Because **** knows what I'm going to chat to a 15-year-old about, other than the cricket...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
that's why i said we really needed to :p

LOL my bad........the "bath spurners" dig must have clouded my vision cos I read that 3 times as "need" and not "needed"

So what happened to Root in the second session, I watched up till lunch and he had his 50 up at a run a ball. Must have slowed down a heap to end up 98 off 161. Did he go into his shell or did the Kiwi bowling really tighten up?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
LOL my bad........the "bath spurners" dig must have clouded my vision cos I read that 3 times as "need" and not "needed"

So what happened to Root in the second session, I watched up till lunch and he had his 50 up at a run a ball. Must have slowed down a heap to end up 98 off 161. Did he go into his shell or did the Kiwi bowling really tighten up?
Once Stokes got out he slowed down, which coincided with some tighter bowling and Henry being pretty neat, Once he got to 96 you could see he was itching for the 100.